Wil Borgen out 6-8 weeks with a Fractured Forearm

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Borgen out 6-8 weeks with a Fractured Forearm
  • Brawndo changed the title to Wil Borgen out 6-8 weeks with a Fractured Forearm

With Borgen only having played four games so far this season, the regular season projected to finish May 8, six to eight weeks from today being April 6 to 20, leaving only 10 to 17 Sabres games afterwards, I would expect he gets five more games in and then is shelved the rest of the time to preserve his ELC.

I think he was making a good case to get ice time, especially considering our injuries, but the shrewd asset management move is to give him a cup of coffee and then we'll see him next year.[edit: see below]

Edited by IKnowPhysics

3 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

With Borgen only having played four games so far this season, the regular season projected to finish May 8, six to eight weeks from today being April 6 to 20, leaving only 10 to 17 Sabres games afterwards, I would expect he gets five more games in and then is shelved the rest of the time to preserve his ELC.

I think he was making a good case to get ice time, especially considering our injuries, but the shrewd asset management move is to give him a cup of coffee and then we'll see him next year.

Hmm, why do I doubt that will happen for any number of reasons. Either we will somehow still be in a playoff race, will have lost more dmen by then to require his usage, or the team will just be stupid. 

Granted I think his ELC ends regardless; the only time the ELC is pushed on is that the start of their ELC. Borgen's expires this year regardless.

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Granted I think his ELC ends regardless; the only time the ELC is pushed on is that the start of their ELC. Borgen's expires this year regardless.

Let me do some reading.

ELS (Entry Level Slide) – If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

Second Slide: If an 18-year-old player (at the time of contract signing) has his contract slide and then doesn’t play in at least ten games in the second season either, his contract will slide again.

According to CapFriendly, Will signed when he was 21 (after his junior year at St Cloud), so his contract doesn't slide.  He's already on his third year of his ELC, and it will expire at the end of this season, resulting in him becoming an RFA.  Therefore everything I said was wrong, and they should play the hell out of him if possible to evaluate his next contract.

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

bitch slap slapping GIF

My mother.  I could never tell her that I loved her.  (This is what lets Kirk know that Spock is affected by that thing that Lt. Tormolen brought back from the surface.)

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
Context for my quote.

56 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It sounds like a scaphoid fracture, Which wouldn’t necessarily appear on the initial x-rays usually requires repeat imaging about 48 to 72 hours later

Either that or a non displaced radial fx but surgery? Guess a screw in scaphoid makes sense... But that would be characterized as a wrist fx... not forearm... could be a green stick fx.  Must not have done an ulnar deviation view initially

Edited by North Buffalo

Just now, Thorny said:

The sentiment that the Sabres needs to write off the season is rampant on twitter and it's grinding my gears, my apologies. 

I understand the sentiment.  The D and G haven't been the problem.  The problem is that our top 4 highest paid forwards have 3 goals total.  There is a huge problem when depth players Lazar and Reider have more goals then Staal, Hall, Eichel, Skinner, and Okposo combined with Staal the leader of the dubious stars with 3 goals.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.