GDT: 7pm ET, Sabres at NJ Devils MSG, ESPN+

jsb

Skinner has 1 point this season and is a -1, and is a healthy scratch.

Okposo has zero points and is a -4, and he has an A on his jersey and is a permanent fixture on the third line.

I'm sure that there is a reason for this, but I don't know enough Euro football psycho babble to explain it.

• Like (+1) 2

It’s probably less about making a point and more about Krueger believing he can actually “fix” Skinner this way. The intent is not something I take issue with as much as the execution - I think it’s more likely execution is the bane of Krueger’s existence as an NHL coach because, I can’t stress this enough - he’s never actually had success as an NHL coach. 

Occam’s Razor is...he just isn’t a good hockey strategist 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Skinner has 1 point this season and is a -1, and is a healthy scratch.

Okposo has zero points and is a -4, and he has an A on his jersey and is a permanent fixture on the third line.

I'm sure that there is a reason for this, but I don't know enough Euro football psycho babble to explain it.

Haven’t you seen The Dark Knight? People don’t panic when things are “all part of the plan”. 

They expected Okposo to suck. That he has a terrible contract is already commonly accepted. That was the standard they asked of the role he was assigned. Him sucking is all part of the plan.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.