GDT: 2/22/21 7pm Sabres at islanders

jsb

Pretty decent team effort really. Ultimately I'd say the multiple D injuries cost us this one. Jokiharju has completely lost it, he's running around all over worse than even Montour. If we had any healthy D men I'd bench him fast but sadly, no options. 

The Staal Hall Cozens line is starting it gel a little. Probably our best line on the night even though they didn't score. 

Reinhart was pretty good. Eichel.........no comment. 

With a healthy D I think that effort would have won us that game but not the way it is, so if they are thinking of moving out a big name I'd say nows the time to get on with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought that was a pretty good effort tonight, actually. I didn't miss Skinner and their AHL defense corps was only a little scary.

Staal-Hall-Cozens is a good line and I think they're due to start producing. 

Jack was too sloppy with the puck tonight. I don't know what the deal is there, but he looks bad. 

Dahlin was pretty good. 

11 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Pretty decent team effort really. Ultimately I'd say the multiple D injuries cost us this one. Jokiharju has completely lost it, he's running around all over worse than even Montour. If we had any healthy D men I'd bench him fast but sadly, no options. 

The Staal Hall Cozens line is starting it gel a little. Probably our best line on the night even though they didn't score. 

Reinhart was pretty good. Eichel.........no comment. 

With a healthy D I think that effort would have won us that game but not the way it is, so if they are thinking of moving out a big name I'd say nows the time to get on with it. 

I agree. Just when Risto and McCabe start looking like a solid vet pairing, and Borgen shows he can play with Dahlin, and we lose three of the four.   We need Eichel to start scoring, or setting up more goals.  He does not look interested.  

Edited by Pimlach

Just now, JoeSchmoe said:

Why the F do slugs like Irwin, Okposo, and Eakin get a nightly roster spot? 

They'd rather not hurt a veterans feelings than win. 

Irwin because of injuries

Okposo has zero points this year, plays on a line which has been bad this year and gets PP and PK time.

I guess it’s Okposo’s Synergy 

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I wish I was wrong.  We need Eichel and Dahlin to do more.  

I though Dahlin was fine/good.  I would love if he really started to impose his will on games, but hasn’t really ever gotten to that level yet.

Eichel is just not himself.  It’s been like this all season from the very start.  I have not seen him like this before for more than a game or two. 

Edited by Curt

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

To be honest Nitro, he wears the C, I'd put him on another team. He is not a player that is going to help at all in changing the culture here in Buffalo.

Sabres will not get the value they see in him.  You see the effort is not there.

8 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

IMO Eichel looks like he has mentally checked out on the team.  Put him in the press box for a few games

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

To be honest Nitro, he wears the C, I'd put him on another team. He is not a player that is going to help at all in changing the culture here in Buffalo.

Why do you guys think he  quit on the team?  Do you think he has been like this from the very start of the season?  Or do you think it started later?

Personally, I think he’s been like this from the first game and I lean towards saying that he has an injury of some sort.  I can’t imagine why he would be giving half hearted effort from the start of a season that started with a good amount of promise.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why do you guys think he  quit on the team?  Do you think he has been like this from the very start of the season?  Or do you think it started later?

Personally, I think he’s been like this from the first game and I lean towards saying that he has an injury of some sort.  I can’t imagine why he would be giving half hearted effort from the start of a season that started with a good amount of promise.

I don't believe he has quit on the team. I believe he has quit on himself.

Leaders lead the way, not just in the easy ones, but in the toughs one as well. A Dick Winters quote here, and appropriate imo.

Eichel isn't leading, at least, not on the ice. And I don't mean he needs the score sheet stats either, what I do mean is he needs to lead, by example. It's clear by his play he's not.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.