GDT: 2/22/21 7pm Sabres at islanders

jsb

16 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

They need line changes

Out - Eakin, KO, Sheahan, Mitts, Davidson, Irwin,

In - Skinnner, Quinn, R2, Dea, Borgen, Fitz.  

Eakin, aka the Invisible Man, needs to watch a few from the press box.  Lazar needs more 5v5 minutes.  Move him up to the third and have him and Rieder play minutes against the oppositions FL1, like the GLO line did last season.  

I'd keep Mitts in there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Compare the way Eichel carries himself vs Josh Allen.  It is not even close. 

Whose an equivalent coach for Krueger in the NFL? Adam Gase? 

If Allen played for Adam Gase, he'd looked a lot like Eichel does now.

Krueger has no F'n idea what to do with Eichel, other than keep him on the puck all freakin game long.

• Like (+1) 1

Eichel disgusts me.  Even though we sucked,  it was at least fun waiting with anticipation for the Eichel line to take the ice.  That holy crap pass or shot made it worth even the losses. 

We know he can so to me it's lack of effort and there's nothing respectable about that. 

I don't care about how the losing may have him down.  One of the things most excellent about hockey compared to most sports is the type of effort these players give even on losing teams.  

45 minutes ago, Curt said:

For me, that’s actually bad news.

The fact that Ralph said Eichel is not playing hurt does not mean Eichel is actually not playing hurt.

Hopefully we all agree to that.

If he just "quit on the team" why did he choose to do it now?  What's new or different now?  

I think he's hurt to some degree. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Eichel disgusts me.  Even though we sucked,  it was at least fun waiting with anticipation for the Eichel line to take the ice.  That holy crap pass or shot made it worth even the losses. 

We know he can so to me it's lack of effort and there's nothing respectable about that. 

I don't care about how the losing may have him down.  One of the things most excellent about hockey compared to most sports is the type of effort these players give even on losing teams.  

This team is boring. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Benning moved Kesler, after it was rumored he asked for a trade, years later, both admitted Kesler did not, in point of fact ask for a trade. A year after his Selke year. Kesler went on to be instrumental with the Ducks runs to the conference championship series. While I understand your line of thought, putting Eichel and/or Reinhart on the table will most certainly get Bennings attention. Don't kid yourself.

Kesler gave Benning no choice on teams to move him to. Kesler said he wanted out and to be on a winner. He made the team trade him to Anaheim. Don’t k is where you got info on not asking out. 

You don't give up on an elite player signed long term because he is having an off year...no matter the reason.

Shipping him off with your 2nd best forward for a guy with 2 more seasons on his contract and another with 4 is bad asset management, especially since Eichel is on another level than the other players. 

There'd be 31 teams lined up for him if he were to be made available and the return would be a king's ransom. 

I think he has been playing hurt since TC but that's just me.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Ducky said:

You don't give up on an elite player signed long term because he is having an off year...no matter the reason.

Shipping him off with your 2nd best forward for a guy with 2 more seasons on his contract and another with 4 is bad asset management, especially since Eichel is on another level than the other players. 

There'd be 31 teams lined up for him if he were to be made available and the return would be a king's ransom. 

I think he has been playing hurt since TC but that's just me.

I certainly hope the team is prepared to bring in a new coach before trading Eichel! 

You definitely try a new HC before you trade the franchise.

The only reason Ralph is here in the first place is to appease Eichel, bring out the best in him, get him psychologically going in the right direction...

If that is not working, it's time to hire Boudreau or Gallant and see how that goes for a while.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I agree. Just when Risto and McCabe start looking like a solid vet pairing, and Borgen shows he can play with Dahlin, and we lose three of the four.   We need Eichel to start scoring, or setting up more goals.  He does not look interested.  

That's exactly it isn't it. He just goes through the motions, not really giving any extra effort at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

Isn’t he carrying a bit of extra weight this season? Maybe it’s as simple as that contributing to his seeming lack of “burst”? Combine with factors like rust, perhaps unfocus, and whatever you want to add and maybe this is the result. 

Why would a player’s coach like Ralph want to put it all on Jack if the media, obvious by the question being asked to Ralph,  is all too willing to give Jack maybe a smidgen of an injury pass? He could have easily said “Well we like to keep that in house” of “Everyone for the most part has their bumps and bruises” - to answer flatly, “No”, I’m personally inclined to believe it. 

We should want him to be a healthy 24 year old young man, no? Wouldn’t construe this as bad news or something. 

And if Krueger is in fact straight up lying, why discuss anything he ever says if we think he’s so flippant? 

9 hours ago, Slack_in_MA said:

FWIW, just now, when asked directly whether Jack was playing with an injury, RK unequivocally said no.

OK, so HCRK says he's not hurt physically, but it says like he's broken between his ears.  Skinner has not produced, but still not as ugly as Eichel's turnover exhibition last night.  Ralph won't bench Jack for poor performance, but has no problem sitting Skinner.  I think Ralph is busted and sounding like a broken record repeating the same crap after every loss.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I have a day off, woke up way too early and coffee is fueling a shift by shift examination of Eichel's play last night. I'll have my report in a bit. I refuse to believe Eichel isn't hurting. He's being easily moved off the puck and put on the ice, and he doesn't have that so-called burst. The man is not weak or lacking in speed. Something's up. If he's not hurt, we have big-time problems.

In a word, through two period, the captain has been uneven.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I have a day off, woke up way too early and coffee is fueling a shift by shift examination of Eichel's play last night. I'll have my report in a bit. I refuse to believe Eichel isn't hurting. He's being easily moved off the puck and put on the ice, and he doesn't have that so-called burst. The man is not weak or lacking in speed. Something's up. If he's not hurt, we have big-time problems.

In a word, through two period, the captain has been uneven.

He does seem not as strong, not as explosive.

OTOH, I saw this as a Retweet and believe I understand what's being said despite the language barrier. Eichel's shooting % is horrific this year. He clanged (another!) one off the iron last night.

Also just ran the text at the end through a Google translator:

"The most disappointing are those from whom you should expect the most"

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

He does seem not as strong, not as explosive.

OTOH, I saw this as a Retweet and believe I understand what's being said despite the language barrier. Eichel's shooting % is horrific this year. He clanged (another!) one off the iron last night.

Also just ran the text at the end through a Google translator:

"The most disappointing are those from whom you should expect the most"

Somehow the translation resulted in more goodly English than most Americans goodly.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I certainly hope the team is prepared to bring in a new coach before trading Eichel! 

You definitely try a new HC before you trade the franchise.

The only reason Ralph is here in the first place is to appease Eichel, bring out the best in him, get him psychologically going in the right direction...

If that is not working, it's time to hire Boudreau or Gallant and see how that goes for a while.

I agree,

Something else to consider. Good players don't always translate into good leaders. 

Keep your best player and try removing the C...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.