GDT: 2/22/21 7pm Sabres at islanders

jsb

Just now, Scottysabres said:

I don't believe he has quit on the team. I believe he has quit on himself.

Leaders lead the way, not just in the easy ones, but in the toughs one as well. A Dick Winters quote here, and appropriate imo.

Eichel isn't leading, at least, not on the ice. And I don't mean he needs the score sheet stats either, what I do mean is he needs to lead, by example. It's clear by his play he's not.

FWIW, just now, when asked directly whether Jack was playing with an injury, RK unequivocally said no.

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Leaders lead the way, not just in the easy ones, but in the toughs one as well. A Dick Winters quote here, and appropriate imo.

Eichel isn't leading, at least, not on the ice. And I don't mean he needs the score sheet stats either, what I do mean is he needs to lead, by example. It's clear by his play he's not.

At this point Jack Eichel would be lucky to be Sobel. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I'm going to put HCRK with some blame for this loss, your in a 2-2 game less than a minute left in PK and you have Davidson and Jokiharju as your Dmen to kill the penalty?? Really, and AHL guy and possibly the worst D-man defensively on the team on your PK?? W-T-Heck was that all about. What was he thinking, the worst situational coach in the league IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'll just put this out there, Jim Benning is still the GM of the Canucks, he's kind of on the hot seat if reports early on are to be believed. A Hovart + for Eichel trade may just be what the Dr. ordered for him, and I'd have no problem putting all 215 lbs of aggressive Hovart between Olofsson and Reinhart. Hell, Benning's been known to shake it up, I'd do a Hovart and Boeser for Eichel and Reinhart swap. I know Reinhart has been hitting the score sheet, but that would be a trade I'd do, and as I said, Benning's been known to make moves.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

I'll just put this out there, Jim Benning is still the GM of the Canucks, he's kind of on the hot seat if reports early on are to be believed. A Hovart + for Eichel trade may just be what the Dr. ordered for him, and I'd have no problem putting all 215 lbs of aggressive Hovart between Olofsson and Reinhart. Hell, Benning's been known to shake it up, I'd do a Hovart and Boeser for Eichel and Reinhart swap. I know Reinhart has been hitting the score sheet, but that would be a trade I'd do, and as I said, Benning's been known to make moves.

Uh...where’s the rest of the return?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why do you guys think he  quit on the team?  Do you think he has been like this from the very start of the season?  Or do you think it started later?

Personally, I think he’s been like this from the first game and I lean towards saying that he has an injury of some sort.  I can’t imagine why he would be giving half hearted effort from the start of a season that started with a good amount of promise.

This has been a season long issue. 

If RK can’t get confidence out of Eichel what the ***** is he here for? It’s certainly not Xs and Os. What an embarrassment. My 15 year old little brother, with an 8 foot Eichel fat head, has completely turned on him. Says he doesn’t play like anyone worth looking up to anymore. Eichel is a down pillow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone suggesting Canucks trade their captain and boeser for Jack and Sam are on some serious good shite! 

I highly doubt the Canucks trade Bo for anyone on the Sabres tbh. I’m not sure they’d trade him for Jack straight up even. And I’m serious. Bo is all heart. He’s a leader. He learned from the Sedims in what it takes. Jack learned nothing about leading and was handed the C. Bo digs in deeper when things are tough, ya know, opposite of what Jack does.

Canucks moves would be ditching Vrtanen first and foremost. But Bo ain’t getting moved. I’d say Bo and Pettersson are their untouchable players.

Edited by rickshaw

9 minutes ago, #freejame said:

If RK can’t get confidence out of Eichel what the ***** is he here for? It’s certainly not Xs and Os. What an embarrassment. My 15 year old little brother, with an 8 foot Eichel fat head, has completely turned on him. Says he doesn’t play like anyone worth looking up to anymore. Eichel is a down pillow. 

As long as it isn’t a My Pillow.   They’re filled with lies, not down. 

10 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Anyone suggesting Canucks trade their captain and boeser for Jack and Sam are on some serious good shite! 

I highly doubt the Canucks trade Bo for anyone on the Sabres tbh. I’m not sure they’d trade him for Jack straight up even. And I’m serious. Bo is all heart. He’s a leader. He learned from the Sedims in what it takes. Jack learned nothing about leading and was handed the C. Bo digs in deeper when things are tough, ya know, opposite of what Jack does.

Canucks moves would be ditching Vrtanen first and foremost. But Bo ain’t getting moved. I’d say Bo and Pettersson are their untouchable players.

Benning moved Kesler, after it was rumored he asked for a trade, years later, both admitted Kesler did not, in point of fact ask for a trade. A year after his Selke year. Kesler went on to be instrumental with the Ducks runs to the conference championship series. While I understand your line of thought, putting Eichel and/or Reinhart on the table will most certainly get Bennings attention. Don't kid yourself.

42 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why do you guys think he  quit on the team?  Do you think he has been like this from the very start of the season?  Or do you think it started later?

Personally, I think he’s been like this from the first game and I lean towards saying that he has an injury of some sort.  I can’t imagine why he would be giving half hearted effort from the start of a season that started with a good amount of promise.

His play has been consistent.  Consistently not nearly at the level of last year.  Not close.  He is either playing hurt or just not playing hard.   He always struck me as a competitor and a workout warrior so he must be hurt.  

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Ok......

They need line changes

Out - Eakin, KO, Sheahan, Mitts, Davidson, Irwin,

In - Skinnner, Quinn, R2, Dea, Borgen, Fitz.  

Eakin, aka the Invisible Man, needs to watch a few from the press box.  Lazar needs more 5v5 minutes.  Move him up to the third and have him and Rieder play minutes against the oppositions FL1, like the GLO line did last season.  

15 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

They need line changes

Eakin, aka the Invisible Man, needs to watch a few from the press box.  Lazar needs more 5v5 minutes.  Move him up to the third and have him and Rieder play minutes against the oppositions FL1, like the GLO line did last season.  

This is very wishful thinking. 

This is NOT how RK will do things. 

15 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

They need line changes

Keep Quinn away from this ***** show. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.