GDT: 2/22/21 7pm Sabres at islanders

jsb

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

God, this team. Lazar had a 99% chance of clearing the zone but Barzal picked his pocket. We play in slo-mo while every other team moves at fast-forward.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I remember when Jack used to play like Barzal.

Barzal's pick kind of reminded me of how Jack did this in 2015 against Columbus.  I miss seeing that Jack!  Not sure if the link will work.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I keep waiting for the breakout game from Jack. Those ones we have seen where he just takes over. 

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.....

If he isn't hurt...  maybe next season when we play Toronto or Boston?

If he is hurt... we're playing pretty much every other day for the rest of the season, so... maybe next season?

Lazar tried to carry the puck out one-handed on the backhand.  Not only did Barzal catch up, he did so with two hands on his stick, enabling the easy pick.  Two Sabres on the wall tried for Ullmark's dump around and none got it.  Joker and Davidson were already out of position early in the play, so once the breakout started, no forwards were covering, and no one was home.

If the Sabres worked to make any one of things go the other way, NYI's chance doesn't happen.

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

If he isn't hurt...  maybe next season when we play Toronto or Boston?

If he is hurt... we're playing pretty much every other day for the rest of the season, so... maybe next season?

I'm hoping it's just a funk rather than an injury, because on the whole I've seen far less indication outside of this stretch of that being a pattern we should worry about, whereas, if he's hurt, it's becoming an annual thing. To me that bodes far worse especially considering the punishment he takes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.