GDT: 2/22/21 7pm Sabres at islanders

jsb

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe it's my new 4K TV but that royal blue really pops.

It pops so brilliantly on TV, I think they specifically tested the blue on in the arena lighting with the TV cameras before selecting it for the changeover.  Sort of a lesson learned from the navy blue, which looked ok IRL, but looked black on TV.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Until something is confirmed otherwise, I am going to continue believing he hurt his shoulder in pre-season and it is hampering his stickhandling, shooting, etc.

But why is he so slow? Core injury perhaps? I hate speculating.... but he's soooo off. He looks more machine now than man.

I am so glad their 4th line didn't come back and score on the 1st line after they broke up Olofsson's rush.

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

But why is he so slow? Core injury perhaps? I hate speculating.... but he's soooo off. He looks more machine now than man.

I am so glad their 4th line didn't come back and score on the 1st line after they broke up Olofsson's rush.

He does look slow, doesn't have that extra gear to pull away.   My guess is back spasms.   Shoulder injury wouldn't prevent him from reaching top speed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Until something is confirmed otherwise, I am going to continue believing he hurt his shoulder in pre-season and it is hampering his stickhandling, shooting, etc.

We have zero confirmation he is still injured, not a peep lately. This has sort of taken off and become fact around here lately. 

It could be true, but he could also easily be fine. I think it makes more sense to assume someone is healthy until told otherwise, he misses a practice, etc. 

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He does look slow, doesn't have that extra gear to pull away.   My guess is back spasms.   Shoulder injury wouldn't prevent him from reaching top speed.

Unless he is in pain every pump. Hard skating (and running) causes me shoulder pain for the very same reason. 

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We have zero confirmation he is still injured, not a peep lately. This has sort of taken off and become fact around here lately. 

It could be true, but he could also easily be fine. I think it makes more sense to assume someone is healthy until told otherwise, he misses a practice, etc. 

Agreed.  But whatever is going on he looks like a shell of what he was last year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.