GDT: 2/22/21 7pm Sabres at islanders

jsb

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Every year the twitter nerds get caught sniffing their own farts about some cause celibre where they think their position is infallible. Risto is "the worst" or Pilut is "the best" or that Bogo is "the worst" or O'Reilly's faceoffs don't matter. This year it's "Skinner is actually good" despite all evidence to the contrary.

It's just so boring.

Fascinating.  Reflecting on all of those ideas, I don't think I've ever agreed with any of them, obviously outside of the latter.  I also don't engage twatter very much, so I can't tell what's passé or dead horse beatery.

I get the frustration, though.  The numbers are another way to watch the same game.  At the end of the day, do any of those things matter -does it matter if Jeff is creating scoring chances or not- if the team's not winning?  Absolutely not.

HeNG9Lk.png

Let's get a W tonight.  I hope whoever's getting the D minutes in Risto and McCabe's absence tonight holds the fort.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I suspect there are many players of Skinner's type in the league who would not fare well productively , and as a result emotionally, in this situation in which he's been placed. Anyone who's played or watched hockey for a long time, will know that the people who produce big goals and assists are largely based on who they play with and how much PP time they get. I just feel like since the beginning of last year when RK took over, and until now, he has done nothing to help him succeed on the scoresheet. The fact that so many players are underachieving is an indictment more of the coaching staff and the system than the players. If your being honest ask yourself if you were in RK position? Can you feel good about the way so many of these guys are playing? I'll bet a good, veteran GM would be pretty pissed off at the lack of performance and motivation.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

The answer is that Krueger hates Jeff Skinner and just wants him to go away.  At this point, I honestly think they should just keep it up.  Skinner will ask out at some point.

Yeah, and what else are we going to have to give away for another team to take him? 

It would be better for RK to get his crap together, and put Skinner with linemates who will compliment his skill set. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Yeah, and what else are we going to have to give away for another team to take him? 

It would be better for RK to get his crap together, and put Skinner with linemates who will compliment his skill set. 

Ralph better figure out he is the more vulnerable of the two.  If he's convinced he's right, he may do so at the risk of his own job.  Skinner is not going anywhere with his contract.

Good to have Ullmark in.  Maybe a strong game earns him a start tomorrow too.

Curious to see how Davidson-Joker do.

On Skinner, per RK's pregame: "We don't judge our players only on statistics.  It's a bit of a gut feel that the best lineup for tonight is to put Casey Mittelstadt in that spot. It's less against Jeff than it is what we think this group needs today and what we need for our game from our team today. I did mention early on to everybody early on that players would be sitting out and we have five games in six and a half days. ... I think it's good for Jeff to take a look once from the outside.  We have coaches active with him to work together to have him come back an even stronger player."

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

A top ten protected 1st maybe?

I get it.  I know, it’s bad.  That contract is terrible though, and I think this team needs to wipe the slate clean as much as possible.

5 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Ralph better figure out he is the more vulnerable of the two.  If he's convinced he's right, he may do so at the risk of his own job.  Skinner is not going anywhere with his contract.

What if Krueger, Adams, and even Pegula are in agreement on this?

15 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

"We don't judge our players only on statistics.  It's a bit of a gut feel that the best lineup for tonight is to put Casey Mittelstadt in that spot. It's less against Jeff than it is what we think this group needs today and what we need for our game from our team today. I did mention early on to everybody early on that players would be sitting out and we have five games in six and a half days. ... I think it's good for Jeff to take a look once from the outside.  We have coaches active with him to work together to have him come back an even stronger player."

Gawd, he uses 113 words to say what a normal person would say in 20.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.