Practice Update 2/21/21

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, Norcal said:

What did Skinner do? 

He was more active in the offensive zone that he has been all season I thought?

Borgen 😒

Yeh I blocked a boards clearing attempt with my palm... Still icing my hand just below my thumb... trapezium or scaphoid hope no fx will check tomorrow at work... puck is not a friend to your hand... 

Edited by North Buffalo

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

New low, Skinner bumped in favor of  Mittelstadt, 

Man was it a bad idea to give that dude all that money until the later part of this decade. Holy crap!  

They’ll never learn. And now they’re getting ready to open up the vault and saddle us with Taylor Hall.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

They’ll never learn. And now they’re getting ready to open up the vault and saddle us with Taylor Hall.

Yeh hope they dont though if they could find right combos maybe it'd work just dont understand their lack of work ethic

Edited by North Buffalo

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Yeh hope the dont though if the could find right combos maybe it'd work just dont understand their lacknof work ethic

True maybe its just Ralphs system but something has taken any semblance of offence away from these formerly offensive players and talented players capable of putting up numbers don’t just lose that ability all at the same time unless coaching.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

True maybe its just Ralphs system but something has taken any semblance of offence away from these formerly offensive players and talented players capable of putting up numbers don’t just lose that ability all at the same time unless coaching.

Or could be he is trying to get forwards to play D as well... goalie situation has been iffy and teach D leads to O.  Problem is Skinner doesnt play 200 foot game.  Jack is meh in his own zone... these guys need to learn zone out before they can use O talent.  If that is what it takes to get it through their thick heads so be it.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Or could be he is trying to get forwards to play D as well... goalie situation has been iffy and teach D leads to O.  Problem is Skinner doesnt play 200 foot game.  Jack is meh in his own zone... these guys need to learn zone out before they can use O talent.  If that is what it takes to get it through their thick heads so be it.

In the meantime our offence completely dries up and with our mediocre goaltending we miss the playoffs again. Not sure what to say. Hopefully coach finds the balance but for this year its too late. Its a lose lose situation.

• Like (+1) 2

All this does is proves that Krueger and This Organization are either clueless or just doesn’t give a ***** about analytics. 

Skinner actually leads the team in expected goals for per 60 minutes. 

He is tied for the team lead in penalties drawn. 

Out of all the lines that have been together for more than 80 total minutes this season, 

Skinner-Lazar-Sheahan are second in expected goals for %  and are actually one of more responsible defensive lines.

The worst line on the team by far has been the Reider-Eakin-Okposo Line and yet it has been kept together for unknown reasons. 

The irony is the line was serviceable when it was Reider-Eakin-Cozens and it turned to ***** when Cozens moved up to the second line and was replaced by Okposo. 

Okposo has some of the worse metrics out of any regular player yet He and His Line get a pass. 

This is further evidence that Krueger needs to be replaced 

0A56080F-450E-4847-ABCE-41FCC3B430A0.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Maybe Skinner is skating around with the extra guys cus everybody else needs more work in critical areas.  There is no way that Skinner is not playing a big role next game.

I hope you are right.  I am not hopeful.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Maybe Skinner is skating around with the extra guys cus everybody else needs more work in critical areas.  There is no way that Skinner is not playing a big role next game.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought he looked really good last games. He is really skilled.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The contract and the player would be fine if we actually used him properly.  RK needs to go.

There is no possible realistic situation that the contract would be fine.  He could play all pp minutes and all minutes with Jack and it would still be the worst contract in the league. It’s too long and a NMC in addition to 9 million/ year. Unless Skinner turns into Austin Matthews it’s a bad deal. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, freester said:

There is no possible realistic situation that the contract would be fine.  He could play all pp minutes and all minutes with Jack and it would still be the worst contract in the league. It’s too long and a NMC in addition to 9 million/ year. Unless Skinner turns into Austin Matthews it’s a bad deal. 

It’s crippling for at least another 5 years until we can consider buying him out. After the Okposo fiasco we have put ourselves into a bad position.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The contract and the player would be fine if we actually used him properly.  RK needs to go.

There is an argument to be made with Skinner playing were He is. It does create three lines that have a chance to score. 
Skinner has gotten scoring chances and put himself in position to score, the dude is cursed it seems 
When he was moved to Staal and later Eichel’s Line, His previous line really struggled. 
I do not believe this was Krueger’s Plan when He moved Him though, it was accidental, fire him 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bunomatic said:

I hope they see this is a mistake.  I would unload at the trade deadline and get something.  

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

All this does is proves that Krueger and This Organization are either clueless or just doesn’t give a ***** about analytics. 

Skinner actually leads the team in expected goals for per 60 minutes. 

He is tied for the team lead in penalties drawn. 

Out of all the lines that have been together for more than 80 total minutes this season, 

Skinner-Lazar-Sheahan are second in expected goals for %  and are actually one of more responsible defensive lines.

The worst line on the team by far has been the Reider-Eakin-Okposo Line and yet it has been kept together for unknown reasons. 

The irony is the line was serviceable when it was Reider-Eakin-Cozens and it turned to ***** when Cozens moved up to the second line and was replaced by Okposo. 

Okposo has some of the worse metrics out of any regular player yet He and His Line get a pass. 

This is further evidence that Krueger needs to be replaced 

0A56080F-450E-4847-ABCE-41FCC3B430A0.jpeg

Fancy stats.  BUT ... 

When you watch the game you see a guy working hard but not really working with anyone.  He is in the slot or in front of the net when there is not a realistic chance of getting him the puck.  Or he is coasting on the perimeter when they need him in the dirty zone.  For all his efforts he just doesn’t work well with anyone?   Strange, but the result is no goals for a guy that needs to be fed and loves to shoot. 

This could be a slump he plays his way out of but he won’t have a chance too  if he stays on the 4th and 5th lines.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.