Jake McCabe Out 6-8 Months with Knee Injury

Brawndo

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

looks like a sprained MCL... had the same injury in college.    i missed 6 weeks, hopefully his is not as bad. 

26 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Me too. Hurts like a MFer.

Yup. Same here. Opposition realized it was 3 on 1 for a loose ball, someone yelled "man", got caught sideways, the backside foot's cleats locked in the Pac NW March mud... And then the backside leg folded like a camp chair. And basically sat up with my stick out of my hands and my goalie screaming at me to get up and into position. I was walking upstairs backwards for 2 weeks, then 4 weeks until some semblance of normalcy and willingness to plant a foot to turn or pivot, 6 weeks until back to normal.

Just now, French Collection said:

He is playing as well as he can in my opinion and will be sorely missed. RHD is where their depth is, there is a possibility of only playing Dahlin and 5 righties, Montour, Risto, Miller, Joker and Borgen.

Agree on Jake.  Best season with the Blue and Gold.  Risto might not coming back for while. Issues with Covid.  If we lose McCabe and Risto for 5-6 weeks as alluded to above it would complicate our playoff potential immensely. Pleasantly surprised with Borgen so far.  But leaning on Dahlin/Miller/Montour to play those kind of minutes for almost two months will be challenging.  Due to the compressed schedule 6 weeks is ~25 games.  Ouch. 

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Borgen should play full-time, preferably with Dahlin.  That pairing could last ten years.

Gotta protect Borgen over Joker in the draft (or go 4x4) to do so. I agree with the pairing setup. They should complement each other nicely.

In the short term, the season ends in only about 10 weeks. We're looking at the distinct possibility of McCabe-Ristolainen until the beginning of next season. And possibly today being McCabe's final skate as a Sabre as he's a UFA. If it's an ACL then he'll likely be back with us next year though as other teams will be more reluctant to sign him in the offseason. Still --- Joker, Irwin, Montour, Borgen, Dahlin, Miller...  it's on you!

• Like (+1) 1

• Brawndo changed the title to Jake McCabe Out 6-8 Months with Knee Injury
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.