'Voice' your opinion

PASabreFan

What voice associated with Sabres hockey annoys you the most?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What voice associated with Sabres hockey annoys you the most?

• Brian Duff
    • Marty Biron
    • Brian Koziol
    • Doug Allen
    • Jay Moran (PA announcer)
    • Rob Ray
    • Dan Dunleavy
    • Broadcast voice-over dude
    • Andrew Peters
    • Craig Rivet
    • DJ Kool

22 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Where is RJ? I’d never vote for him but I know there are people in the world who hate him. You don’t need these people in your life

I don’t hate RJ but I’m also pretty vocal about his inability to call a game and need to be replaced. 

• Like (+1) 2

I like Dunleavy ok but I can't help but notice he came from outside the organization.

I think that's why he calls the game the way he does and has little emotion for the Sabres success.

It's gotta be tough to find excitement since the team has had nothing but bad play and luck but maybe a successful team on the ice will change that over time. 

Honestly I kind of dislike all of them. Marty is the only one who actually speaks any truth and points out their bad play, the rest are suck up apologists. RJ was a lot of fun in his prime but he makes a ton of mistakes now and it is time for him to retire fully. But overall I don't care who they are I often watch with the sound off anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

I voted for Ray but I always love the opportunity to tell this story. Young #freejame was at the Pepsi center for a practice when Buffalo was still skating there. I had finished up my ice and was headed to the second story to watch the sabres practice. I was headed off the elevator as Ray was headed on and obviously I was moving to get off as the person exiting had the right of way. He started yelling at us and berating us for being in his way as he was entering the elevator to head downstairs. I’ll never forget that. He was a favorite of mine before they interaction but I have utterly despised him ever since. There is nothing he could do to win me back over and if he lost all association with the team it would be my highlight of the decade. ***** Rob Ray and his utter lack of manners and ill treatment to a kid, I have wished nothing but failure on him since that day. On the opposite side of the spectrum, I’ve coached on the same ice as Matt Barnaby and he embraced and guided every kid on the ice. He truly cared about impacting the kids and was everything Ray was not. Elevators 101—those getting off have the right of way. If an 8 year old knows that a professional athlete ten years in the league should. I relished every beat down he got after the fact. Again, ***** Rob Ray. My least favorite Sabre of all time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I usually turn the sounds off. The Sabres broadcast is annoying. 

I really wish they would hire a female hockey player who knows the game. Other networks are doing that and it would be a fresh perspective. If she was really hot, that would be cool too, but she doesn't have to be. 

A female hockey announcer or analyst would be perfectly fine.  Not sure why there was any need to discuss how "hot" she could be.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/20/2021 at 12:56 PM, #freejame said:

I don’t hate RJ but I’m also pretty vocal about his inability to call a game and need to be replaced. 

I thought the same thing; he should be on the list.

There are so many names here that trigger a "yes" it's hard to limit it to 1.

But I went with Brian Duff.  He actually understands hockey and I give him credit for that, but he is creepy, highly annoying, and *never* says what he is thinking.

He just regurgitates politically correct nonsense nonstop.  I realize that is sort of part of his job, but...

Listen to him as a "guest" on WGR-550 segments; away from the TV air time he sounds like a completely different person, much more realistic, objective, and negative! 

On 2/20/2021 at 12:56 PM, #freejame said:

PS:  For quite a while now, I have chosen to listen to the "other" team's broadcast of the game as RJ and Ray are about as bad as exists in the NHL now.

Yesterday I was reminded that they aren't any worse than the pair of Steve Cangialosi and Ken Daneyko in NJ!  That pair is just terrible as well.  Loved Daneyko as a player but he is about as good as Rayzor as a color guy. 

The game before, in Washington, it was a treat to listen to Joe Beninati and Craig Laughlan, who are among my favorites.  They are so much more technically proficient than RJ and Ray it is ridiculous (at this point in their careers).

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

PS:  For quite a while now, I have chosen to listen to the "other" team's broadcast of the game as RJ and Ray are about as bad as exists in the NHL now.

Yesterday I was reminded that they aren't any worse than the pair of Steve Cangialosi and Ken Daneyko in NJ!  That pair is just terrible as well.  Loved Daneyko as a player but he is about as good as Rayzor as a color guy. 

The game before, in Washington, it was a treat to listen to Joe Beninati and Craig Laughlan, who are among my favorites.  They are so much more technically proficient than RJ and Ray it is ridiculous (at this point in their careers).

I prefer our team to that pairing,... by a lot.

Definitely an all of the above option should have been listed for this poll. So hard to limit this to one choice. 
I chose Dunleavy because that is the voice we hear the most and I’ve never thought much of his talent. Anyone following RJ would have an uphill climb in this town, but I really really wish the Sabres would look at a new play by play man when RJ retires for good. But I know it’s already a done deal that Dunleavy has the job. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.