GDT: Sabres v. Devils 2/20/21, 12:30 pm

bob_sauve28

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

The Devils are what we should have looked like in the 3rd period each of the past few games. (Remember, they lost everyone to COVID, too.) That's coaching and leadership. Thankfully, we spotted ourselves 3 goals and played really soundly and aggressively the first two periods.

I would have preferred they would have brought back Lindy myself .

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Eichel in transition... turnover. He's soooo tentative this year. Go forward, Jack!

Yes.   He lost the face off, turned it over, and failed to get the puck deep.  Not scoring either. I don’t know what to think. I expect the best player on the team to make some more impact.  

Hey, we won, I’ll take it.  

• Like (+1) 1

Well that was a pleasant surprise to start the weekend. We blocked shots, threw hits, went to the net even. If we'd had this kind of effort every game conversations around here would be very different. 

Good to see Ralph finally realized it's a good idea to pair your offensive puck moving D men with more physical stay at home guys. I think Borgen is here to stay. 

Very nice, even with the close finish. First game this year I can say I fully enjoyed. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

To be fair, I think Irwin in this game played better than Joker has been playing this year. 

Agreed. But Joker is back in the lineup Monday unless Jake is magically OK. I hope for our sakes Joker just gets back to no-panic, nice outlet passing, and sets aside his season-long jitters.

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes.   He lost the face off, turned it over, and failed to get the puck deep.  Not scoring either. I don’t know what to think. I expect the best player on the team to make some more impact.  

Hey, we won, I’ll take it.  

Brain fade.  Some games he does things that make no sense.

I thought they were good,  even in the third they were getting chances and not backing down until NJ really cranked it up at the end. 

Borgen Dahlin deserve to stay together 

Get Well JM19 tough blow

The whole team played with urgency all game and it made a difference. 

I'm no medical professional so take it with a grain of salt, but I've spent a good amount of time researching sports injuries.  To me, that looks like a textbook MCL sprain for McCabe and I'd be surprised from the angle I saw if it was a full tear. 

I'd be surprised if he was out for more than 3 weeks, but I'm no expert.

46 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Agreed. But Joker is back in the lineup Monday unless Jake is magically OK. I hope for our sakes Joker just gets back to no-panic, nice outlet passing, and sets aside his season-long jitters.

Very possibly.  The problem now is that somebody needs to move over to the left side to replace Jake.   Irwin is a LH shot, but the Sabres have to figure out who else to move over.  I don't like Montour on the left side, but maybe he is the most likely to move over.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.