Mental????

Radar

22 minutes ago, miles said:

star wars puffin GIF

@LGR4GMcan you translate please?  You speak meme.  

It looks like a puffin, which means it's not that tasty despite what it might say on your menu in Iceland, and other than that, I have no idea what is going on.

Edited by Eleven

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

It looks like a puffin, which means it's not that tasty despite what it might say on your menu in Iceland, and other than that, I have no idea what is going on.

It’s a Porg from Star Wars but I dunno the context of the post 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It’s a Porg from Star Wars but I dunno the context of the post 

It's a WHAT?  I watched Star Wars.  What is a Porg?

EDIT:  I've now googled this, and still have no idea except that it looks like something that wouldn't be tasty if eaten.

Edited by Eleven

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It's a WHAT?  I watched Star Wars.  What is a Porg?

EDIT:  I've now googled this, and still have no idea except that it looks like something that wouldn't be tasty if eaten.

As far as I know only Chewy attempts to fry one up. 

In the best Star Wars movie 

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

I agree with you in principle, but I wonder if they're receiving "a little coaching and tough love" to begin with.

Housley was like that.  When 2018-9 went south, the players did not react well to him.  RK was brought in because he is a players' coach.

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

It doesn't just look like a puffin, it's a Disney-eyed digital replacement of a puffin. They were so ubiquitous on Skellig Michael while filming that it was easier to overlay them and use their shadows than to try to erase them entirely.

I don't think the players believe in or trust the system that Ralph has put in place.  It doesn't jibe well with the player's skills or instincts.  It's causing hesitancy, mistakes, and frustration. 

I don't think that the players on this team are fragile or are mentally unprepared, I think they are playing in a system that they know is bad.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/19/2021 at 7:15 PM, PerreaultForever said:

mental? Well I suppose if you're afraid to go to the front of the net that could be mental, fear. But really, I'm tired of excuse hockey. Every year it's just excuses and more excuses. Nothing changes. 

The funny thing is that on one hand, yes, this team refuses to consistently go to the front of the net.

AND YET there is penalty of any kind, most of the time, for doing so!  

This is the 2021 version of the NHL!  There are not mean and nasty huge D-men trying to break your back with cross checks if you go near the crease, and who will quickly drop their gloves and beat the snot out of you if you press back! 

Why these players refuse to go to the net is genuine mystery.

Reinhart's goal last night (admittedly on the PP) came directly b/c he moved behind the 2 D men and stood right in front of the goalie.  Eichel saw him and made a quick pass for a quick deflection and the goal was effectively scored on a "break away" of sorts.  

Why these guys don't try that constantly is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, jad1 said:

I don't think the players believe in or trust the system that Ralph has put in place.  It doesn't jibe well with the player's skills or instincts.  It's causing hesitancy, mistakes, and frustration. 

I don't think that the players on this team are fragile or are mentally unprepared, I think they are playing in a system that they know is bad.

I think they just don't like the HC's system.  In theory, Jack Eichel loves the HC, but that may now be old information.  The team consistently plays like they are trying to get the coach fired, so it's tough not to assume that is the case as a fan watching from the outside.

We won the game yesterday b/c we actually came out and played like we wanted to win for the first 2 periods...which almost never happens.  

23 minutes ago, jad1 said:

If this were accurate it would be the 3rd system in a row that they’ve rejected.  At some point you’ve got to stop blaming the system.

I have no idea what the real problem is here, but I don’t think its a “the coach doesn’t have the room” problem.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Weave said:

If this were accurate it would be the 3rd system in a row that they’ve rejected.  At some point you’ve got to stop blaming the system.

I have no idea what the real problem is here, but I don’t think its a “the coach doesn’t have the room” problem.

Doesn't matter how many systems they've rejected if the systems don't maximize the teams talent.  Players know when what they're being asked to do doesn't work.

7 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Doesn't matter how many systems they've rejected if the systems don't maximize the teams talent.  Players know when what they're being asked to do doesn't work.

Maybe or maybe key players are just a bunch of whiny snowflakes that need to stfu and play hard.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.