How Awesome Is Victor Olofsson? Best Forward On The Team!

bob_sauve28

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I'm not trying to ram anything down anyone's throat. merely stating the facts based on statistics, on ice play visually and their projected expectations given their selection positions.

How does the bolded make someone a better or worse hockey player?

6 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Do you feel better now? And why? 

I feel ok.  I’m not angry.  Do I seem angry?

I was just making a small point that draft position isn’t relevant in evaluating how good a player is.  I only brought it up because someone specifically mentioned it as a criteria in evaluating whether Olofsson or Reinhart was better.

You disagree?  You agree?  Don’t care?  Wish I hadn’t brought it up?

I’m willing to discuss it, but “Oh brother” only gives me so much to work with.

Edited by Curt

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

He's freaking awesome!

If trades are made, you build around Olofsson.

He's better than Reinhart, and it's not even close given their expected projections in to their careers to be honest.

Show me one person projecting VO to be better than Reinhart. I’ll wait. 

A team with 12 Sam Reinhart’s at forward beats a team with 12 VO at forward 82 games in a season and it’s honestly not even close. I’m not a “if you disagree with me you’re wrong” type of guy so I’ll say if you disagree hook me up with your guy because I want whatever you’re taking. 

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

A team with 12 Sam Reinhart’s at forward beats a team with 12 VO at forward 82 games in a season and it’s honestly not even close. I’m not a “if you disagree with me you’re wrong” type of guy so I’ll say if you disagree hook me up with your guy because I want whatever you’re taking. 

The scoring statistics say your wrong. Just pointing out the obvious.

Yup, VO is a true sniper. A thing we have lacked over the years and with a late round success like that you'd think we'd be better. He's one of the few players on this team actually earning his money. I won't compare him to Reinhart, very different kind of player, but he's definitely better than Slkinner these days. 

16 hours ago, #freejame said:

Just a friendly reminder that everyone knew VO had this shot when he was drafted, he was just 5’6”. I don’t buy the whole “he’s developed more than Samson” BS. He’s the exact player who was drafted only 5 inches taller. 

Not sure what you’re watching but he’s gotten better at pretty much everything. Saying he just got taller is a terrible take. 

27 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

Not sure what you’re watching but he’s gotten better at pretty much everything. Saying he just got taller is a terrible take. 

Read what I wrote. “He’s got the same shot as when we drafted him.” We were able to draft him in the seventh because he was short. I would hope he would progress in other areas, but the shot is the same—which is what everyone talks about. Sam has still progressed more than him. Go watch SHL footage. 

37 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Read what I wrote. “He’s got the same shot as when we drafted him.” We were able to draft him in the seventh because he was short. I would hope he would progress in other areas, but the shot is the same—which is what everyone talks about. Sam has still progressed more than him. Go watch SHL footage. 

I have watched him in SHL. He’s better all around. He’s not the “exact player who was drafted only 5 inches taller“

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.