How Awesome Is Victor Olofsson? Best Forward On The Team!

bob_sauve28

Show me more than the ability to connect with a one timer on the PP.  He’s a talented player. A very nice success story. He’s also a rather useless player if Eichel, Reinhart or Hall isn’t feeding him perfect passes when he’s open during the 3-4 PP’s a game. He’s one of the more easily replaceable players on the team IMO. That’s not to say I don’t like him, because i do!

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Show me more than the ability to connect with a one timer on the PP.  He’s a talented player. A very nice success story. He’s also a rather useless player if Eichel, Reinhart or Hall isn’t feeding him perfect passes when he’s open during the 3-4 PP’s a game. He’s one of the more easily replaceable players on the team IMO. That’s not to say I don’t like him, because i do!

Here's the thing: how many players have the Sabres had who could score goals and pump up their stat line, but never actually contributed to winning games? Remember when Drew St*ff*rd was the king of pointless goals? 

So what if Olofsson is putting the puck in the net on the power play. They're still losing. It's meaningless.

40 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Here's the thing: how many players have the Sabres had who could score goals and pump up their stat line, but never actually contributed to winning games? Remember when Drew St*ff*rd was the king of pointless goals? 

So what if Olofsson is putting the puck in the net on the power play. They're still losing. It's meaningless.

In fairness, he's the only one lighting the lamp.  We aren't winning any 1-0 games this season.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Just a friendly reminder that everyone knew VO had this shot when he was drafted, he was just 5’6”. I don’t buy the whole “he’s developed more than Samson” BS. He’s the exact player who was drafted only 5 inches taller. 

Yup. Let's not kid ourselves.

He's freaking awesome!

If trades are made, you build around Olofsson.

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Just a friendly reminder that everyone knew VO had this shot when he was drafted, he was just 5’6”. I don’t buy the whole “he’s developed more than Samson” BS. He’s the exact player who was drafted only 5 inches taller. 

He's better than Reinhart, and it's not even close given their expected projections in to their careers to be honest.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

When your paid to score goals, guess what, you score goals.

Stafford is nothing like Olofsson. It's apples and oranges. Olofsson was brought in specifically to score goals, it's what he's doing.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

He's freaking awesome!

If trades are made, you build around Olofsson.

He's better than Reinhart, and it's not even close given their expected projections in to their careers to be honest.

How do you bake their expected career projections into an assessment of how good they are right now.  Seems like two completely different things?

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

How do you bake their expected career projections into an assessment of how good they are right now.  Seems like two completely different things?

Baking? This isn't Culinary School, this is hockey, at the professional level at that.

Olofsson is most certainly out performing Reinhart when finding the back of the net. And if you choose to believe it or not, Reinhart was drafted with the expectation to find the back of the net as well.

So far, Olofsson has outperformed Reinhart, and the proof is on the score sheet.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Baking? This isn't Culinary School, this is hockey, at the professional level at that.

Olofsson is most certainly out performing Reinhart when finding the back of the net. And if you choose to believe it or not, Reinhart was drafted with the expectation to find the back of the net as well.

So far, Olofsson has outperformed Reinhart, and the proof is on the score sheet.

My point was, their expectations are not relevant in evaluating which is better.

Also, I didn’t say that I think Reinhart is better, so I don’t know why you are trying to ram that down my throat.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

My point was, their expectations are not relevant in evaluating which is better.

Also, I didn’t say that I think Reinhart is better, so I don’t know why you are trying to ram that down my throat.

I'm not trying to ram anything down anyone's throat. merely stating the facts based on statistics, on ice play visually and their projected expectations given their selection positions.

16 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

When your paid to score goals, guess what, you score goals.

Stafford is nothing like Olofsson. It's apples and oranges. Olofsson was brought in specifically to score goals, it's what he's doing.

This rules. No one knows anything about hockey.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.