Sabres at Capitals 7 pm MSG

4 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

truth is Buffalo was lucky to get the Pegulas as they have provided money and a clear desire to win. They have allowed spending to the cap and have tried numerous times to listen to "experts" who have told them to hire exGMTM, exGM JBotto, numerous coaches and truth be told they have a ton of money invested in the Sabres. No other team blames owners when there is a problem.  If not for the Pegulas this team may be in Quebec or some other place right now. I can assure you they are just as frustrated as any of us with how bad this team is. Maybe the first step should be to hire a president of hockey operations like Brian Burke or someone who has years of experience and will hire the proper people. It is absurd to even suggest that this team is as bad as they are showing right now and clearly there is yet again a "who's in charge" issue...the old saying fits here..the inmates are truly running the prison and the inmates are being paid very well to do so. This truly is a country club  atmosphere here...clearly players don't give a s**t...just about getting paid every two weeks. Sad...

I know the owners maybe saved the franchise for Buffalo although Golisano had a lot to do with that. Also, the reason for not having a president of hockey ops? The owner. He opted not to. I personally think the Pegulas check most every box with the exception of hiring people who will work well with them but firmly still in charge as opposed to hiring someone qualified to run the team and stepping aside to allow them to make hockey decisions. The Pegulas are better fans than they are at running a hockey team in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 4
1 hour ago, Radar said:

I know the owners maybe saved the franchise for Buffalo although Golisano had a lot to do with that. Also, the reason for not having a president of hockey ops? The owner. He opted not to. I personally think the Pegulas check most every box with the exception of hiring people who will work well with them but firmly still in charge as opposed to hiring someone qualified to run the team and stepping aside to allow them to make hockey decisions. The Pegulas are better fans than they are at running a hockey team in my opinion.

long story short this team needs a President who knows hockey NOW for starters (new coach wouldn't hurt either)

Fans of every team blame the owners. New York wouldn’t have sports talk radio if it weren’t for callers complaining about the owners.

Edited by SwampD
4 hours ago, SwampD said:

Fans of every team blame the owners. New York wouldn’t have sports talk radio if it weren’t for callers complaining about the owners.

It’s a fair point - though I think the worrying thing in this regard is the amount of times we’ve heard allusions to the fact management types don’t want to work under the Pegulas. That’s what Brawndo’s been referencing. It becomes more of an issue when the smoke is coming not just from the fans, but from those in the same line of work-ish. 

How much of the fact that there was zero interview process for the most important hockey ops role on the team, that all of the hires and connections seem to be local, is due to the Pegulas wanting to stay in house, and how much is because they have to? 

• Like (+1) 1