Sabres at Capitals 7 pm MSG

spndnchz

I don't think the Sabres are going to lie down.  The jury is still out on RK, but the team shows up and competes, even when it seems likely that they would be demoralized.

Now, does that mean they will get good goaltending and/or that their top guys will stop squeezing the stick?  Unfortunately not, but I do think they will start scoring sooner or later.

Maybe the turnaround starts tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

That leads nowhere, but maybe you're on the right path. If fans want to understandably pull for short-term pain for long-term gain, the hope has to be that one more bad season, in Pegula's anniversary year, finally drives him to do the right thing and save the team he (allegedly) loves by selling it. I doubt it happens. He might love it on some level, but he loves owning it more. I went back and watched his intro presser. He thanked Tom for saving "my hockey team." Did he mean "my team" the way we all would mean it? Or something else he owns? I have no doubt how he meant it. My team. My lake. My earth. My ocean to pollute in a vile yacht. His stewardship of precious things is suspect. The ego. The horror.

Maybe the ego, on second thought, is the path to our mutual salvation. You're doing fine with the Bills. Cut your hockey losses. You'll leave with plenty of good will. Good God, man, save yourself — and us in the process.

Fear and loathing?  What fear and loathing?

Do you feel the same way about all owners of yachts?  How about private jets?

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Mustn’t wince

Welcome back, my friend, to the show that never ends ...

So glad you could attend, come inside, come inside ...

Come inside, the show's about to start ...

Welcome home, @K-9.  It seems to have been a long time.  We have missed you.

48 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Sabres are 4-6-2 with 31GF and 38GA and are overcoming COVID.

In 2014-15, Sabres went 2-9-1 in their first 12 games with 13 GF and 41GA.  This season don't have ***** on that.

With this in mind, I really do still feel that we are pretty close to being pretty close to being kind of okay and not that far, pretty close actually, from being a little bit better than okay, maybe even pretty close to being pretty darn good, maybe.

+++++

As usual ...

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

We are in last place again.  One point behind the Rangers with 2 games in hand.  

After dropping two straight to the Isles the rust should be off.  Let’s be a real hockey team and go out and get a W.  

What's new.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.