Is this the least likable Sabres team ever?

#freejame

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I don’t know, I think I didn’t like the AHL Buffalo Sabres that Tim Murray dressed leading up to drafting Reinhart and Eichel.  I understand it was a tank and on purpose… But I think I didn’t like those teams more.

At least the tank teams offered hope for the future.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah stopped watching! Can I get my money back for the NHL Center Ice package? Though I will say there are players I like they just don’t seem to jell. Risto and McCabe were looking like the best #1 pairing we’ve had in a long time and then Bammmm! COVID. Nothing goes right when your a Sabres fan! 

• Like (+1) 1

This team should be better but they haven't yet had consistent time to play with covid and all

That being said, i still think they have no chance to make the playoffs in this difficult division. I dont think this team is any less likeable than the others. They are consistent losers and probably will be for years. 

The team needs a true leader that has won in the past that keeps these guys playing hard and not giving up. Jack does not seem like a team leader. he is the best on the team but not the leader this team needs

Edited by miles

Persevering.  To me that word sums up what humanity collectively has been doing for the last year.  Watching this listless team infuriates me.  It feels like a slap in the face to all the effort and endurance society has been exhibiting.  Is that extreme?  Sure, but that's how I feel.  I've seen more in an ICU this week than I would have cared to in a lifetime.  If the Pegulas really want to spend their money wisely they can take that $10 mil a year and give it to the medical personnel on the front line going hard in the paint against this virus.  

On 2/19/2021 at 4:24 AM, JKB1646 said:

Yeah stopped watching! Can I get my money back for the NHL Center Ice package? Though I will say there are players I like they just don’t seem to jell. Risto and McCabe were looking like the best #1 pairing we’ve had in a long time and then Bammmm! COVID. Nothing goes right when your a Sabres fan! 

Not just COVID, but now an apparent serious knee injury.

The good thing about Center Ice is you can watch all manner of more impressive games/teams.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a hard core fan since attending the very first game the Sabres played. I am a hockey coach and I cannot watch this coaching staff screw this team up, any more.

The entire staff needs to be replaced after the season. I would fire Ralph today though.

I would trade most of the team, including Jack Eichel. He is not a leader. I would tell Pegula to piss off and stay away from the team, If he says no, the best coaches move one. Why did Montreal fire their experienced coach. BECAUSE they could.

Coaches are a dime a dozen. The Sabres need to get as young as possible and hire a college coach that WINS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Sabres forever said:

I've been a hard core fan since attending the very first game the Sabres played. I am a hockey coach and I cannot watch this coaching staff screw this team up, any more.

The entire staff needs to be replaced after the season. I would fire Ralph today though.

I would trade most of the team, including Jack Eichel. He is not a leader. I would tell Pegula to piss off and stay away from the team, If he says no, the best coaches move one. Why did Montreal fire their experienced coach. BECAUSE they could.

Coaches are a dime a dozen. The Sabres need to get as young as possible and hire a college coach that WINS!!!

This is noble of you, but you don’t run the team. Pegulas do. 

Welcome to the board!

On 2/18/2021 at 3:34 AM, Eleven said:

The Cyr/Tucker teams are not to be forgotten.

Are you thinking of the 86 squad, that was the first one to completely break my young heart.

I mean looking back it had Foligno and Ramsey, but the realization that Tucker, Cyr, Creighton, Barasso or even Housley and Andreychuk weren’t going to save us was a slap in the face.

And Perreault retiring and leaving us with the likes of fossils like Gillies and Fogolin and Paiement and Napier and Phil ***** Russel, and slugs like Dykstra and Hospodar and Jim Korn and Jacques Cloutier.

🤮

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.