What's left to say?

darksabre

13 hours ago, darksabre said:

What's left to say?

That's the question I've been asking myself about this team going back to the end of last season. What's left to say? I don't know how you all are still finding anything. Fracking?

Night in, night out, year after year, regardless of the roster, the coaches, the jersey colors, this team is just wholly unremarkable. 

Star players? I don't see any. Bad players, good players, what's the difference? They're boring no matter what. Take the names off the back of the jerseys and tell me they're all clones: I'll believe you. 

Every time I turn a game on I think to myself "Maybe tonight. Maybe tonight is the night they surprise me. Maybe tonight something will be different."

But it never is. Just another night of Rob Ray saying they just need a goal to get back in it.

Precedented times or unprecedented times? It's all the same.

I'm not mad anymore, I'm just bored.

Ofc your mad, otherwize you wouldnt even watch a single game. 

And you should, be mad, for ever until this piece of garbage org turn this around. Will it ever happened? who knows.. 
We just can't keep hiring these cupcake coaches, ralph is so utterly bad that i dont even know what would be worse, even my poop is better than him.

All the talant on this team is wasted because of Ralph and that's it. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Ofc your mad, otherwize you wouldnt even watch a single game. 

And you should, be mad, for ever until this piece of garbage org turn this around. Will it ever happened? who knows.. 
We just can't keep hiring these cupcake coaches, ralph is so utterly bad that i dont even know what would be worse, even my poop is better than him.

All the talant on this team is wasted because of Ralph and that's it. 

Here's the thing: If I felt like I knew who to blame, I would be mad. But I don't know who the blame. I'm not going to point a finger at Ralph and say "there's the problem". I'm not going to point at Terry, or Jack, or Linus, or Matt Ellis.

I don't know anything about it other than that it's terribly boring. The game might be on the TV, but I can't say I'm watching it. I've got a great biography on Churchill to read. I've got some sh*tposting to do about weird cars on twitter. I've got a workout to get done. I've got some photography sites to scout. The Sabres are at the extreme bottom of my list now, and they're going to stay there until they earn their way out.

This is the pre-Allen Buffalo Bills: irrelevant background noise.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don’t mind the losing so much as the lack of enjoyment watching them.  Before this past season the Bills were a 500ish team but at least they were fun to watch most weeks - you never knew what Allen was going to do (good or bad) and they looked like they were having fun playing together.

The Sabres are brutal to watch.  And I’m done watching them, I canceled CenterIce last night so unless they’re playing a NYC team, I won’t be able to see the games.   Won’t miss them in the least.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, darksabre said:

Here's the thing: If I felt like I knew who to blame, I would be mad. But I don't know who the blame. I'm not going to point a finger at Ralph and say "there's the problem". I'm not going to point at Terry, or Jack, or Linus, or Matt Ellis.

I don't know anything about it other than that it's terribly boring. The game might be on the TV, but I can't say I'm watching it. I've got a great biography on Churchill to read. I've got some sh*tposting to do about weird cars on twitter. I've got a workout to get done. I've got some photography sites to scout. The Sabres are at the extreme bottom of my list now, and they're going to stay there until they earn their way out.

This is the pre-Allen Buffalo Bills: irrelevant background noise.

Yea it really SU CKS!

But if we look back, so many ppl where excited (i was not fyi) with this hire, and when he released his first
statement everyeone bought into it. But we know now it was only words. 

In the end, the blame is on Ralph and Ralph alone now knowing the facts. Pegulas bought into Ralphs exciting act.

He doesnt have what it takes, i dont even believe he understands his own system to a point where it is 100% clear for all players and therefor he cant find a way to influense the players with his system, it is obvious to me atleast. 
Were all different, and it takes a damn good coach to make all players think alike from tip to toe.

I think they have to fire Ralph real soon if they dont start winning games because it's this season or its bon voyage.

On 2/17/2021 at 1:50 AM, jad1 said:

Jack's sulking has very little to do with this team's fortunes.  Hall, Staal, Skinner and Reinhart are not struggling because of Jack's attitude.  Dahlin overthinking plays has nothing to do with Jack's attitude.

Jack doesn't set the lines or determine the power play strategy.  He's not the one making Hall and Reinhart dig pucks to set up doomed point shots by Irvin or Jokiharju all game long.  It's not his job to figure out the best way to use Staal to maximize his skills.

There are ways to snap Eichel out of his slump (teaming him up with Reinhart instead of Thompson, letting him play off the puck more) that have nothing to do with his attitude.

There's nothing wrong with Eichel that a seasoned NHL coach couldn't fix, and the fixes would have little to do with attitude. 

Sure for Eichs personally but he doesnt get the team going he doesnt show enough leadership and his manic down time negatively effects the team imo.  Kid needs to figure it out and so does Dhalin.  Until then Sabres need a new Captain. 

On 2/16/2021 at 12:51 PM, darksabre said:

What's left to say?

That's the question I've been asking myself about this team going back to the end of last season. What's left to say? I don't know how you all are still finding anything. Fracking?

Night in, night out, year after year, regardless of the roster, the coaches, the jersey colors, this team is just wholly unremarkable. 

Star players? I don't see any. Bad players, good players, what's the difference? They're boring no matter what. Take the names off the back of the jerseys and tell me they're all clones: I'll believe you. 

Every time I turn a game on I think to myself "Maybe tonight. Maybe tonight is the night they surprise me. Maybe tonight something will be different."

But it never is. Just another night of Rob Ray saying they just need a goal to get back in it.

Precedented times or unprecedented times? It's all the same.

I'm not mad anymore, I'm just bored.

Summed it up perfectly. Completely apathetic towards this team; if anything mad that we're going to waste 3 golden opportunities of star players in their primes. This team isn't going anywhere with Krueger and Adams here, and they just got here. Can't wait to waste 3 more years, again. On the plus side the Bills are more entertaining than I've ever seen in my lifetime, so that's awesome.

Welcome back by the way, hope everything's going well 🍻

On 2/16/2021 at 2:34 PM, That Aud Smell said:

Yep.

Yep.

The Sabres are nothing more than background noise for me nowadays. Many nights, they're not even that.

I honestly laughed when I got the notification we lost 3-0 yesterday after having an NYI franchise record 0 shots in the 3rd the night before. How do you even get shutout after that lol

On 2/17/2021 at 2:16 AM, SABRES 0311 said:

It’s always darkest before the dawn.  I think a legit President of Hockey Ops and a no BS coach is what this team needs.  The bandaid has to get ripped off.  No more sweet talk about the positives after a loss.  

I am starting to think the sweet talk is a way for management to use the media to save their jobs.  Focus on those supposed positives and the boss looks like a jerk if he fires you.  I dunno.  

I think the change needs to start at the very, very top.  We've tried everything else multiple times, and there's obviously no way they're bringing in a legit hockey guy to run things.  We are stuck with terrible hockey owners.

In hindsight, LaFontaine should have been the canary in the coal mine for every one of us fans.  I think he saw what he was dealing with and saw where this thing was headed and got the ***** out of Dodge.

Edited by Thwomp!
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

In hindsight, LaFontaine should have been the canary in the coal mine for every one of us fans.  I think he saw what he was dealing with and saw where this thing was headed and got the ***** out of Dodge.

Perhaps. But PLF also quit the Islanders as an advisor to the owner after a really short stint. If instead he'd stuck it out for a while, and built enduring trust (GM Sheevyn-style) with the Pegulas, they wouldn't have then soured on a president-level role as the buffer and translator and between them and a GM or coach. By quitting, he sowed distrust and discord.

Right now, Adams is this president-level/advisor role, but he's also the GM, which becomes a serious problem if he proves inept at roster construction.

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Perhaps. But PLF also quit the Islanders as an advisor to the owner after a really short stint. If instead he'd stuck it out for a while, and built enduring trust (GM Sheevyn-style) with the Pegulas, they wouldn't have then soured on a president-level role as the buffer and translator and between them and a GM or coach. By quitting, he sowed distrust and discord.

Right now, Adams is this president-level/advisor role, but he's also the GM, which becomes a serious problem if he proves inept at roster construction.

There's no way that was all PLF's fault.  Sometimes you don't realize that a job is awful until you've already been hired, and he had other options to fall back on.

4 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

There's no way that was all PLF's fault.  Sometimes you don't realize that a job is awful until you've already been hired, and he had other options to fall back on.

Absolutely it's not all on PLF. The owners are entirely culpable. My speculation is simply that if he and they had stuck it out longer and worked together through an entire season and part of an offseason so they're gaining each other's trust, maybe the Pegulas see the value in his position/role, rather than simply not having it once he leaves. Instead it was 3 months, all within a season where the on-ice product was in the midst of a planned tank.

Weird analogy: It's like PLF signing on as the pilot of the Sabres plane and yeah, it's a horrible flight and choppy and the pay is bad and everyone's miserable. But PLF was the pilot. At least land the plane and then get out and say "no thanks" to the return flight. Instead he grabbed a parachute and jump out midflight. We've (we're sitting in the very back in middle seats as fans) been in a tailspin ever since.  In this weird analogy, the owners are either ground control in the tower or simply the owners of the airline.

• Haha (+1) 1

Welcome home @darksabre.

We have missed you.

We are close.  I really still believe that.

Sorry, but the bottom line is we need a better Carter in net, but even more we need to score some more goals at key times.  Stats say our goalies are expected to give up almost 3 a game, so we need our scorers to score some damn goals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.