GDT: Islanders at Sabres, Feb. 16, 2021, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

Just now, Pimlach said:

Pageau scores.  Islanders top players doing what they should be doing.  Ours, nothing.  
Islanders goalie makes a huge save on a breakaway. Ours not so much.  

Blame the coach but the players on this team don’t have pride in their own game or in the team.  The Buffalo crest is a means to a paycheck.  

Sadly you are 100% spot on 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Wasn’t a huge save, it was a pathetic backhand if ever I saw one.

You say that because it was made by their goalie and not ours.  It was a huge save.  Kept us off the board didn’t it?   Not the goalies fault the backhand was bad.  He covered the net and held his ground against a Hart Trophy winner.  

Edited by Pimlach

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

You say that be it was made by their goalie and not ours.  It was a huge save.  Kept us off the board didn’t it?   Not the goalies fault the backhand was bad.  He covered the net and held his ground against a Hart Trophy winner.  

IHe could be jesus freakin’ christ for all I care before he came here, everyone loses their skill with this club, literally overnight 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Eric Staal feels they need to compete. Thank god, I feel so much better now.

I'm not going to critique that. It's the right answer from a veteran player who knows what to say. Much better than Tage last night saying  we have to "play the same way". Of course i's just words, but they are at least the right ones. 

Why I can’t stand dum dum dunleavy...on the Isles PP, this was his call “...here comes Barzal with his 9 game point streak...”.  

First of all, how is this relevant to the PbP? Second, who the f*** cares about some trivial fact about an opposing player?  It just reeks of “look how smart I am”. He does this same thing over and over again while play is going on. 

It will suck when he becomes the full time PbP guy. 😡

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not going to critique that. It's the right answer from a veteran player who knows what to say. Much better than Tage last night saying  we have to "play the same way". Of course i's just words, but they are at least the right ones. 

Sorry, I just saw Jason Pominville’s face during that interview, I had to read the bottom graphics to identify Staal.

Doesn’t make Tage’s any less pathetic though.

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

27 million to Eichel, Hall, Skinner for a grand total of 3 goals in 34 games combined is an insanity stat. 

Add in KO and you'll need a trip to the fridge for a beer or to the bong. 

Scotch is my depressant of choice when watching this team.  Not gonna waste my single malts on them either.  

It’s Dewers on the rocks tonight for this team. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Why I can’t stand dum dum dunleavy...on the Isles PP, this was his call “...here comes Barzal with his 9 game point streak...”.  

First of all, how is this relevant to the PbP? Second, who the f*** cares about some trivial fact about an opposing player?  It just reeks of “look who smart I am”. He does this same thing over and over again while play is going on. 

It will suck when he becomes the full time PbP guy. 😡

Maybe a little harsh.  I won’t criticize him for informing the audience about players that are playing well.  As a kid I ate that stuff up.  I knew a ton about the Sabres and I wanted to know who the good players were on the other teams.   I used to announce games when playing table hockey. I knew most every player and even the opposing teams line combos.  😂 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.