Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

If this is the full quote below, then frankly I don't have a problem with it.  I look at his effort the last several years and see him competing and showing grit and heart.  He deserves an "A" on his jersey.  Whether he is truly a top 2 defender is an altogether different question.

image.thumb.png.d389d2b44c175d4cc4c21f3a958c5c9d.png

Taken in full and in the context that Risto delivered it, I agree with you on this.

15 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

If this is the full quote below, then frankly I don't have a problem with it.  I look at his effort the last several years and see him competing and showing grit and heart.  He deserves an "A" on his jersey.  Whether he is truly a top 2 defender is an altogether different question.

image.thumb.png.d389d2b44c175d4cc4c21f3a958c5c9d.png

10 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Taken in full and in the context that Risto delivered it, I agree with you on this.

I disagree.

A player who can’t get too worked up about losing 10 in a row is not a player who is going to help lead the team out of it.  He is numb to the loses.

The players should be losing their ***** right now.

I can’t believe people think this is ok, or worse, praise worthy.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

I disagree.

A player who can’t get too worked up about losing 10 in a row is not a player who is going to help lead the team out of it.  He is numb to the loses.

I think the context here is that Risto used to lose his ***** over losing, try to do too much and make things worse.

We've seen it happen. If he's saying he can't fall into the trap again — which is how I read it — I'm fine with it too.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Curt said:

I disagree.

I’d rather evaluate how players play on the ice than mundane quotes manufactured for the media. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think the context here is that Risto used to lose his ***** over losing, try to do too much and make things worse.

We've seen it happen. If he's saying he can't fall into the trap again — which is how I read it — I'm fine with it too.

I guess everyone is different.  For Risto it might be the best mindset for him.  It’s not what I want to hear though, and I definitely don’t think it makes him a leader.

He sounds as numb to the loses as most of us fans.  I understand why, but it’s surely not a good thing.

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’d rather evaluate how players play on the ice than mundane quotes manufactured for the media. 

Sure.  I don’t find the quote that mundane though.  He is expressing a degree of apathy and disengagement from the situation the team is in.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I guess everyone is different.  For Risto it might be the best mindset for him.  It’s not what I want to hear though, and I definitely don’t think it makes him a leader.

He sounds as numb to the loses as most of us fans.  I understand why, but it’s surely not a good thing.

Sure.  I don’t find the quote that mundane though.  He is expressing a degree of apathy and disengagement from the situation the team is in.

He’s been perhaps irreversibly moulded by the situation 

People were willing to suppose Jack had been broken by the experience, and Risto is longer tenured. Perhaps that goes hand in hand with the “on the ice” thing, but if I’m not mistaken most everyone believed JE to be hurt, and as far as last year I don’t think his effort level was being questioned en masse 

50 minutes ago, Curt said:

I think there are some players with less than optimal attitudes.  Risto may be one.  He been for lack of a better term, himbo, for the entirety of his career.  Certain players can be coached out of this mindset, while I’m thinking the majority can’t.  Assess the players with the correct attitude (and aptitude) and move on from the ones who don’t fit the mold you are looking for.  

This is 101 team building, sports or other wise.  This ship needs a rudder, steer the damn ship Kevyn.  (Might need a new captain or whatever his role is in boat speak). 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

If Ralph actually cared more about hockey than money this idiot would have left 15 games ago but this idiot is here for they money and laughing all the way to the bank.

Screw u KA

Problem is who would want the job without Eichel, Cozens and Ullmark playing.  Just hoping Sabres can pick two solid forwards in the next draft... Quinn and Peterka makes progress as well.  Trade Stall and maybe another for young prospects.

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

If Ralph actually cared more about hockey than money this idiot would have left 15 games ago but this idiot is here for they money and laughing all the way to the bank.

Screw u KA

KA I don't believe makes decisions. He carries them out. Sure he says he has authority to fire the coach. What else would he say? That's like asking Rhino if the team's quit on the coach. This is the owners and they're clueless.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Problem is who would want the job without Eichel, Cozens and Ullmark playing.  Just hoping Sabres can pick two solid forwards in the next draft... Quinn and Peterka makes progress as well.  Trade Stall and maybe another for young prospects.

Who would not want the oportunity to coach a team in NHL? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Who would not want the oportunity to coach a team in NHL? 

Someone who wants to not kill his coaching career? If I'm an established coach in the league I'm not looking at Buffalo as a prime place by any stretch. 

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 2