Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

A lot of unknowns on that list. But another strike against JBot if Krueger managed anything at or above median salary in the league considering he'd coached 1/2 a season of sub.500 hockey in the NHL and hadn't done so in years. And then to get a dull staff and a non-event attacking system as his Xs and Os? Like... that was his plan and not something radical? Fleeced. You'd never hire someone like that at an above average salary at a regular day-to-day job. He's so Chancellor Valorum. Vote of no confidence! Now, sit down and look bewildered.

I’d say the strike is more against Terry than JBott. He greenlighted it. 

Then Terry brings in a new GM, who doesn’t get his choice of coach or direction.  Just keeps the current coach. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Side note: I also have come to the realization I'm paying way too much attention to a horribly run and ineffective franchise that really isn't giving me back enough joy for the investment. So --- I'll be back. Just like the Emperor, somehow I'll return. But I'm planning to get away until the trade deadline. Keep the spirits up, 'Spacers. GM Sheevyn will hopefully throw Chancellor RaKru over some railing-less pit soon and we'll get a real coach. And then get a goalie. And get going on a brighter future. Stanley Cups are built on hope! I'll miss y'all in the meantime.

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Then Terry brings in a new GM, who doesn’t get his choice of coach or direction.  Just keeps the current coach. 

True. Heck, maybe Terry even was the driver. Either way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Side note: I also have come to the realization I'm paying way too much attention to a horribly run and ineffective franchise that really isn't giving me back enough joy for the investment. So --- I'll be back. Just like the Emperor, somehow I'll return. But I'm planning to get away until the trade deadline. Keep the spirits up, 'Spacers. GM Sheevyn will hopefully throw Chancellor RaKru over some railing-less pit soon and we'll get a real coach. And then get a goalie. And get going on a brighter future. Stanley Cups are built on hope! I'll miss y'all in the meantime.

You are a great poster. We will miss your absence.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Well Terry is damned if he does or damned if he doesn’t now isn’t he? Jason wants to hire the coach he wants and Terry he hires him, pays him too much, and he doesn’t work out it’s his fault. If Terry doesn’t hire him, he’s meddling in the hockey decision of his general manager.

Did I get that right?

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Well Terry is damned if he does or damned if he doesn’t now isn’t he? Jason wants to hire the coach he wants and Terry he hires him, pays him too much, and he doesn’t work out it’s his fault. If Terry doesn’t hire him, he’s meddling in the hockey decision of his general manager.

Did I get that right?

Terry picked Ralph. Terry told KA to keep Ralph. Ralph is still here. 

8 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Terry picked Ralph. Terry told KA to keep Ralph. Ralph is still here. 

Probably.  To bad KA couldn’t be this honest.

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

I believe that the boss of any coach on a 7-26 run should have had his finger on the trigger a long time ago.

A real GM would have pulled the trigger 10 games ago.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

6 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'll find your lack of presence disturbing..

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, SDS said:

Did I get that right?

As it should be. There's no cache, there's no willing reprieve - it's 10 straight years of missing a 50/50 playoffs. He assuredly is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, on ANY decision (s) that don't have a net-result of being a winning hockey team. 

Edited by Thorny

7 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

DarthE. to the Sabres franchise "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine".  Awaiting the triumphant return of Darth E!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SDS said:

Did I get that right?

This is correct.  The Pegulas have no good will built up from generally doing a good job of running the team.  That’s all been used up long ago.  After watching the team be bad for 10 years I think it’s completely fair to assume that whatever they are doing is wrong.  I can’t pass the buck away from them.  They are going to have to show me some good results before they get even a tiny smidge of a benefit of doubt.

This level of failure is not something that just happens in the NHL.  It’s literally record setting.  In order to be this bad for this long, there needs to be a carefully cultivated sequence of bad decisions, spanning multiple GMs and HCs.  So, yes, if the team continues to be terrible, the Pegulas are damned if the do and damned if they don’t. 

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I wonder if Adam’s is waiting for Brind’Amour to become a free agent this summer ?   

“Hey Rod, Kevyn Adams, Buffalo Sabres.  Remember when yo ran Jeff Skinner out of town because he didn’t buy in to your system? Well we have him locked up at $9 million for the next 7 years, you want to jump onboard as coach here?” LOL

• Haha (+1) 2

It's mind boggling how ownership continues to feel Ralph is the right guy for the job or a move would have been made. This is so unacceptable on all levels, it may take a whole roster rollover and years to recover from Ralph as it appears he has broken some guys. WTF is going on, it's embarrassing! 

I was indifferent to firing him when they were like 6-8-2 I'll admit.  But 10 straight losses, most of them giving up 5 goals.  This team is fully broken.  I'd consider Adams behind the bench at this point - get a closer view of the players you need to build around vs. trade.  Get an idea on the locker room - whos stepping up, and who's just showing up.  Team sucks anyway, may as well put players under the microscope a bit. 

I wonder if Ralph is consulting on other items within PSE and the coaching job is just a way to pay him.  Seems like a sham that he's brought in, at a higher salary than necessary, to achieve the horrendously poor results we're seeing.

There has to be another reason he was brought here, and is still here, making what he makes.

If there isn't, then the Pegulas are demonstrating what monumentally poor owners they are.  If there is, then the Pegulas are demonstrating their willingness to screw the fans of one team for potential benefit elsewhere.

The third option is that they don't want to add any additional cost into the organization at the coach level.  Naturally they will also be taking a hit in the fan column and reducing their already reduced revenue from the fans as more and more people grow weary of the nonsense and losing.

All in all, the bottom line, this team is failing by every measure and the ownership has not taken action. That's 100% on them.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

On a side note, this could be the Pegulas Philosophy as well 

Trade him!

Seriously, is that a thing that you want one of your better players saying after 10 straight losses, after missing the playoffs in each of the 8 seasons of his career?

My thinking right now:

They have got to be waiting until Providence is finished their season, so they can hire Nate Leaman, right?

45 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

People should click on that and read the full quote if they haven’t. It’s probably one of the most embarrassing things I’ve heard a player say re: his organization, I can’t see how the Pegulas could read that and not be utterly ashamed. 

Also, sorry to Risto but this is not the mindset we can have on this team they need to move him like now 

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Yesterday is such a long time ago ... is he gone yet?

I still think RaKru is a good coach, but the players have never really listened to him.  So it seems that he is not the right coach for this group.

Life coach. He doesn’t understand enough about the strategy of today’s game imo. 

Generally I’d say even that is maybe workable, if one is not possessed of the hubris to consider one’s ideas infallible. But we already know Ralph thinks his strategies are beyond reproach, don’t we. So there’s no hope for adaptation. Ralph is fully formed in his own mind - anyone that put together, can’t see it being any other way, after all. He has all the answers! If he didn’t, he couldn’t be 100% confident, and we all know confidence is the fix all, according to Ralph. The mere act of questioning his strategies invites doubt and therefore failure. 

Learning is not an acceptable proposition to Ralph. 

I consider him utterly unsustainable in the role. No data suggests otherwise, he has no full season to his name  

Edited by Thorny
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

If this is the full quote below, then frankly I don't have a problem with it.  I look at his effort the last several years and see him competing and showing grit and heart.  He deserves an "A" on his jersey.  Whether he is truly a top 2 defender is an altogether different question.

image.thumb.png.d389d2b44c175d4cc4c21f3a958c5c9d.png

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

If this is the full quote below, then frankly I don't have a problem with it.  I look at his effort the last several years and see him competing and showing grit and heart.  He deserves an "A" on his jersey.  Whether he is truly a top 2 defender is an altogether different question.

image.thumb.png.d389d2b44c175d4cc4c21f3a958c5c9d.png

They are blowing it all up! Trading all the players not nailed down and bringing in Leaman to build a program from scratch.🤯