Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

As of 2020, the Sabres were valued at $385 million.

They were the 4th least valuable team in the NHL.

The top 5 franchises are all valued at or above $1 billion: Rangers, Leafs, Canadiens, Blackhawks, Bruins.

And?

What is stopping a man worth 4 billion from making a roster change? A couple million?

Thats like you having $500,000 and not wanting to spend $5000 to get your car fixed 

16 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Funny how Ralphs post sounds like he’s removed or separate  from the challenge he’s faced with but he is a part of the challenge that he’s faced with. Your coaching is part of the problem that you face Ralph. Face it. You are not above this problem. You are a part of it. 

Sounds to me like Ralph might be tapping out here. Your comment sounds right.  Like he is on HNIC panel commenting on the team rather then admitting that his system is a complete and utter failure.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Funny how Ralphs post sounds like he’s removed or separate  from the challenge he’s faced with but he is a part of the challenge that he’s faced with. Your coaching is part of the problem that you face Ralph. Face it. You are not above this problem. You are a part of it. 

Exactly! 

This is a challenge for him to overcome, he views it through the context of what he HE can achieve personally. Who KNOWS if that always lines up with what’s actually best for the team. 

Unless I missed it, I haven’t seen one ounce of accountability from Ralph, not in the phoney “I can’t overcome these players faults and lead them to greatness” way, but in the “just maybe my strategies aren’t GD bulletproof” kind of way. 

Farce. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Exactly! 

This is a challenge for him to overcome, he views it through the context of what he HE can achieve personally. Who KNOWS if that always lines up with what’s actually best for the team. 

Unless I missed it, I haven’t seen one once of accountability from Ralph, not in the phoney “I can’t overcome these players faults and lead them to greatness” way, but in the “just maybe my strategies aren’t GD bulletproof” kind of way. 

Farce. 

Damn. 

The situation is very bad.   As bad as RK is, we have Adams as GM, and he was a roster loaded with players that never have won.  Including the very top players in Risto, Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, and Dahlin.  

That is why he needs help managing the roster.  Changes are needed.  They are mentally weak as a group.  They  kill coaches and they do little to make the other players better.  

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

They aren't.  People here are.

What possible reason, other than money, would be the cause of Ralph's retention at this point?

Their top candidate isn't available yet?  Ralph should still have been fired before now with any one of a number of suitable interim coaches put in place until the real candidate is available.

It's money.  It has to be money.

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

What possible reason, other than money, would be the cause of Ralph's retention at this point?

Their top candidate isn't available yet?  Ralph should still have been fired before now with any one of a number of suitable interim coaches put in place until the real candidate is available.

Or insanity

16 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

There are two constant Sabrespace narratives that are inconsistent.

1.  The Pegulas meddle, and are therefore responsible for the big-money signings of Ehrhoff, Leino, Eichel, Ristolainen, Skinner, O'Reilly, Hall, and Okposo.

2.  The Pegulas meddle, and don't want to spend money on the Sabres.

If anything, the Pegulas have shown a remarkable willingness to dump money into this team, which we never have seen from any other owner(s).

So I don't think the reason is that the Pegulas don't want to spend.  I do think that the guy from Providence is the choice (Friedman said this on HNiC yesterday), and he isn't available yet.  Friedman also said that Boudreau would love to coach here since he's relatively local, but maybe the Sabres aren't interested in him.

I agree that an interim would be the ideal solution, but who?  Who in the organization would possibly be a good choice for an interim coach?  I don't want anyone from Krueger's staff in charge, even for a minute.  I guess Adams could step behind the bench?

Edited by Eleven

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

This got me thinking...I don’t remember hearing about Leaman being interviewed last time around.  Who else did they interview...other than RK?

It was reported and we discussed it at length on here. This wasn't something that just came out now. https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/the-ottawa-senators-coaching-search-has-heated-up-in-the-last-week

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

1.  The Pegulas meddle, and are therefore responsible for the big-money signings of Ehrhoff, Leino, Eichel, Ristolainen, Skinner, O'Reilly, Hall, and Okposo.

If anything, the Pegulas have shown a remarkable willingness to dump money into this team, which we never have seen from any other owner(s).

So I don't think the reason is that the Pegulas don't want to spend.  I do think that the guy from Providence is the choice (Friedman said this on HNiC yesterday), and he isn't available yet.  Friedman also said that Boudreau would love to coach here since he's relatively local, but maybe the Sabres aren't interested in him.

I agree that an interim would be the ideal solution, but who?  Who in the organization would possibly be a good choice for an interim coach?  I don't want anyone from Krueger's staff in charge, even for a minute.  I guess Adams could step behind the bench?

Methinks you made up 2. I mean, it exists, but it's not a narrative. A narrative fetus maybe.

As for an interim coach, don't kid yourself: Terry dreams of it. But, for once, he doesn't have the balls.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Methinks you made up 2. I mean, it exists, but it's not a narrative. A narrative fetus maybe.

As for an interim coach, don't kid yourself: Terry dreams of it. But, for once, he doesn't have the balls.

I definitely didn't make it up. It's been around for a while.

Whom would you appoint as interim coach?  I don't see that person in the organization.

20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Agree on the Pegulas have been willing to spend the money. I don't agree that they don't meddle. It's my opinion that these decade long hiring blunders had  to do with the owners. Do they meddle in day to day operations? I don't know but this franchise is a joke and I hold only them responsible.

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Radar said:

Agree on the Pegulas have been willing to spend the money. I don't agree that they don't meddle. It's my opinion that these decade long hiring blunders had  to do with the owners. Do they meddle in day to day operations? I don't know but this franchise is a joke and I hold only them responsible.

Did you see Terry sitting there while negotiations were ongoing for Hall? Did you hear his comment that the signing had turned the team into Cup contenders? There are levels of meddling. Did Terry instruct Kevyn to sign Hall? I don't know; I suspect he did. But did his opinion and presence affect decision-making? 100% yes. People act differently when the boss is hanging around. As GMTM said when he was hired in Buffalo, "My uncle (the late Bryan) told me, 'Remember, everyone has a boss.'" He said it because he knew he was entering a situation where the owner was a meddler.

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I definitely didn't make it up. It's been around for a while.

Whom would you appoint as interim coach?  I don't see that person in the organization.

I don't know either. I am not in favor of bringing in an interim coach. It really doesn't matter at this point. Everyone knows what I want.

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't know either. I am not in favor of bringing in an interim coach. It really doesn't matter at this point. Everyone knows what I want.

1.  So I think the reason there isn't an interim coach isn't because Terry doesn't have the balls (or however you phrased it).  It's because there isn't one to be had.

2.  For the second time in a decade, I respectfully caution you to please, please be careful what you wish for.  The last thing we need is a new owner who is stingy with the purse.  Firing Ruff didn't change the course of the team for the better, and neither will a sale of the team.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, SwampD said:

People here have no input into their PowerPoint presentations.

Michael Scott has forever ruined Powerpoint for me.

And I don't read as much into that presentation vis-a-vis the Sabres as some people do, but it certainly exists.  Meanwhile, they still have dumped money into this team like no owner ever had.