Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

John Wawrow made a salient point earlier on this - adding the position in itself wouldn't matter if the position isn't given the reign to execute it's vision, if it's hampered in the same way "GM" has been. 

It could therefore only be a positive development through the prism of it signaling the Pegulas are "ready to change". But if they are ready to change, there's no reason the "GM" position can't, with new autonomy, steer the ship. 

Basically it's like, if the Pegulas realize they need it in the sense we think they need it, they don't really need it any more. 

That's not to say it's not better to have some minds the GM can bounce ideas off of, but that could just as easily be assistant GMs, of which we have Zero. 

I don’t want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Care to expand on it

Mainly I was just trying to make a joke with you. 🤷🏻 

Joking aside, I’ve been making this point for a while now. Fans want to continue thinking about a traditional NHL philosophy and disregarding that we were put on austerity program and that the club is going to lose $30 million in revenue this year - with another multi million dollar loss of Coach Ralph staring them in the face. 

I know you know this, but I was just joking about our previous back-and-forth about press conferences. Just trying to keep it light.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They just gutted their hockey department and shed salary but you think they are going to drop millions on someone over Adams? 

I just can’t imagine allowing Adams (alone)  to make a decision on the fate of the franchise this summer.  This downward spiral has only solidified Jack’s request to be moved this summer.  Terry may trust Adams to handle trade deadline moves but not the kind of overhaul this summer has in store. I find it more likely than ever that someone with more experience is inserted soon.  If Adam’s replaces RK with an experienced head coach and coughs up another $3.9m * 3 years, I will admit to being dead wrong.  But if there is an interim solution then I think TP has acknowledged the shortcomings of the current management team and will  hire someone above KA to provide direction.  

Just now, SDS said:

Mainly I was just trying to make a joke with you. 🤷🏻 

Joking aside, I’ve been making this point for a while now. Fans want to continue thinking about a traditional NHL philosophy and disregarding that we were put on austerity program and that the club is going to lose $30 million in revenue this year - with another multi million dollar loss of Coach Ralph staring them in the face. 

I know you know this, but I was just joking about our previous back-and-forth about press conferences. Just trying to keep it light.

Gotta keep it light with how terrible the hockey is. 

1 minute ago, Broken Ankles said:

I just can’t imagine allowing Adams (alone)  to make a decision on the fate of the franchise this summer.  This downward spiral has only solidified Jack’s request to be moved this summer.  Terry may trust Adams to handle trade deadline moves but not the kind of overhaul this summer has in store. I find it more likely than ever that someone with more experience is inserted soon.  If Adam’s replaces RK with an experienced head coach and coughs up another $3.9m * 3 years, I will admit to being dead wrong.  But if there is an interim solution then I think TP has acknowledged the shortcomings of the current management team and will  hire someone above KA to provide direction.  

KA has been manager for 23 games of Krueger, I don't believe the Pegulas suddenly have less faith in him. 

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Gotta keep it light with how terrible the hockey is. 

KA has been manager for 23 games of Krueger, I don't believe the Pegulas suddenly have less faith in him. 

Should be asking him about some of his roster choices, at the very least 

I think GMKA should take full advantage of gaining wise counsel from his peer over at One Bills Drive. Bills GMBB has been successful under the same parent ownership as the Sabres. I would also recommend GMKA spend time with Bills HCSM in discussing what to look for in a Head Coach. Ultimately, the greatest Coaching & Leadership principles are transcendent across all sports/organizations.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just how stupid the Sabres will look when they have another press conference 3 days later to do something they should have already done.

To be fair to Adams, I don't think he wanted to do the Friday media thing. But Paul Hamilton called him out directly on WGR for not being responsive to media requests for comment, so either the Pegulas/Adams were basically pressured into doing it. 

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just how stupid the Sabres will look when they have another press conference 3 days later to do something they should have already done.

Maybe.....or maybe not.  I don't trust the Sabres to do the right thing at the right time.   I hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath.

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I get what you are saying, but the reason they had the first one was not their idea, but because they were being hounded by the media to do so.  

Just now, pi2000 said:

My source says Ralph's job is safe for the foreseeable future, and that we should expect to see player movement.

Unless he is really damaging young player development, there is no reason to fire him now...as long as it takes place as soon as the season ends. 

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Unless he is really damaging young player development, there is no reason to fire him now...as long as it takes place as soon as the season ends. 

Rasmus. Dahlin. 

Fire Krueger and Smith immediately. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, LabattBlue said:

They play so many games in such a short time that it just seems like one long bad game. it’s like the 100-day power-play.

• Like (+1) 1