Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

24 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Since the beginning of last season.  I believe he is 20-17-5.    Above .500.  Anyways. 

Huh?

The Sabres were 30-39 last year and are 6-13 this year, for a total RK record of 36-52.

• Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Since the beginning of last season.  I believe he is 20-17-5.    Above .500.  Anyways. 
My point is and remains.  Step 1 is to move on from Hutton   Firing Ralph before upgrading in goal is putting the cart in front of the horse 

He is a major problem.  You keep Hutton and hire another coach. Do you really expect different results ??  Waiving Hutton should be step 1 

You could add Hasek to this team and they'd lose. The offense is beyond handcuffed. You have to do both. Your cart still has one broken wheel. 

Why is RK still the coach.  He's lied to the press and fans.  His team can't score.  His line pairings stink.  Is this really about saving money?  Kick him upstairs and make him the community relations speaker and promote the Amerks coach.  Why is this so hard?  Enough.  

34 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why is RK still the coach.  He's lied to the press and fans.  His team can't score.  His line pairings stink.  Is this really about saving money?  Kick him upstairs and make him the community relations speaker and promote the Amerks coach.  Why is this so hard?  Enough.  

Because we are in a never-ending cycle of firing coaches and Krueger is an extremely personable and liked guy in that building.

52 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The NHL is scheduled to lose something on the order of $1 billion this year or more. The Sabres are going to lose $30 million in gate revenue plus concessions.

On top of that loss you want to add another $7 million, but don’t see why? 

20 minutes ago, SDS said:

The NHL is scheduled to lose something on the order of $1 billion this year or more. The Sabres are going to lose $30 million in gate revenue plus concessions.

On top of that loss you want to add another $7 million, but don’t see why? 

RK will still be employed and the Amerks coach is also already an employee.  No additional money lost.  Next season revenue will likely be back and they can fire him completely then.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

RK will still be employed and the Amerks coach is also already an employee.  No additional money lost.  Next season revenue will likely be back and they can fire him completely then.

stop trying to make fetch happen mean girls GIF

23 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Seth Appert for HC?   A guy who has coached a grand total of 7 pro hockey games in his entire career?    I'm surprised Terry and Kim haven't already promoted him.   

14 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

The fact Rick didn’t get an interview seems strange.  Local guy, Sabre alumni, and more experience than most of the GM candidates at the time.  He would be a perfect second voice in the room to help validate trades, provide insight on drafting as well as assist in upcoming UFA/RFA decisions.  

He’s 72.  Maybe he wanted to retire and catch some fish.  

I was just listening to Howard and Jeremy's radio interview with Ralph from this morning.

Ralph is just fantastically full of crap.

Howard said: "I'm going to ask you the question I think most Sabres fans would ask if sitting in my chair right now.  You have a team that struggles to score goals.  You have a goal scorer in Jeff Skinner but who is buried on the 4th line and gets very little 5-on-5 ice time.  Why?"

Ralph then rambles on for 1.5 minutes saying absolutely nothing, other than the fact that we do not have a "4th line" and that we simply put different people on the ice in different situations.

He also rambled on about Jeff not being on PP1 which takes away from his ice time, but Howard specifically asked about FIVE ONE FIVE ice time.

Ralph does this over and over again.  He's just totally full of *****.

Of course, Howard does not ask follow-up questions, he never digs in deeper, he never challenges Ralph, and so the ***** continues to spiral.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I was just listening to Howard and Jeremy's radio interview with Ralph from this morning.

Ralph is just fantastically full of crap.

Howard said: "I'm going to ask you the question I think most Sabres fans would ask if sitting in my chair right now.  You have a team that struggles to score goals.  You have a goal scorer in Jeff Skinner but who is buried on the 4th line and gets very little 5-on-5 ice time.  Why?"

Ralph then rambles on for 1.5 minutes saying absolutely nothing, other than the fact that we do not have a "4th line" and that we simply put different people on the ice in different situations.

He also rambled on about Jeff not being on PP1 which takes away from his ice time, but Howard specifically asked about FIVE ONE FIVE ice time.

Ralph does this over and over again.  He's just totally full of *****.

Of course, Howard does not ask follow-up questions, he never digs in deeper, he never challenges Ralph, and so the ***** continues to spiral.

He says a lot of nothing. I just listened to the interview and he said that Oloffson and Eichel need to find "synergy"... I laughed at that point because that isn't the issue but it sounds good so he says it. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He says a lot of nothing. I just listened to the interview and he said that Oloffson and Eichel need to find "synergy"... I laughed at that point because that isn't the issue but it sounds good so he says it. 

RK_ We paradoxically need to find a pathway to the victorius outcome everyone desires. We have a roomful of guys who wish they were where they used to be when they thought they were where they are now.

Just kiddin"

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You could add Hasek to this team and they'd lose. The offense is beyond handcuffed. You have to do both. Your cart still has one broken wheel. 

thats maybe true but Ullmark had an ok record this season.  Not disagreeing with you - just think Hutton is the bigger issue we should be concentrating on right now

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

its 45 points in 42 games.  depends on how you look at iI suppose.

There is a difference between being over one point per game and having a .500 record.  What they put in the NHL standings now is not win %, because they don’t count OT losses as losses.

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

thats maybe true but Ullmark had an ok record this season.  Not disagreeing with you - just think Hutton is the bigger issue we should be concentrating on right now

Idk how to explain any better. We are scoring at a rate lower than the tank teams. You could put Hasek, in his prime in net. You can add Lindstrom to the defense. It wouldn't matter because this team isn't gonna win games 2-1 consistently. Ralph's system is trash. You're right Hutton is a problem but fixing that doesn't fix scoring like it's the dead puck era. Washington has 30 more 5v5 goals than the Sabres. 30. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk how to explain any better. We are scoring at a rate lower than the tank teams. You could put Hasek, in his prime in net. You can add Lindstrom to the defense. It wouldn't matter because this team isn't gonna win games 2-1 consistently. Ralph's system is trash. You're right Hutton is a problem but fixing that doesn't fix scoring like it's the dead puck era. Washington has 30 more 5v5 goals than the Sabres. 30. 

That’s not fair because 25 of those were probably against the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3