Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

The problem isn’t the coach it’s Carter Hutton.   
I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face but there isn’t one coach in the world that can win with him on the roster   So it’s a useless move firing the coach and keeping Hutton

team actually has a winning record with Ullmark  

Their 5v5 scoring rate is below the 2014 tank team that got us Reinhart. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

The problem isn’t the coach it’s Carter Hutton.   
I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face but there isn’t one coach in the world that can win with him on the roster   So it’s a useless move firing the coach and keeping Hutton

team actually has a winning record with Ullmark  

They literally are the worst team in the league at ES scoring.  That’s not on Hutton.  Not that he helps.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No the reason is he costs millions of dollars to be fired and they've already had 6 coaches. 

We really gotta stop doing this bs. It's 1 of 31 jobs on the planet and we're really gonna believe no one else wants it? You don't become an NHL head coach without taking risks. This idea is and continues to be nonsense. 

Quite frankly, I think there are less select candidates than we think. We have also to not believe the bs that the select group is that great. I think less than thirty one.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

They literally are the worst team in the league at ES scoring.  That’s not on Hutton.  Not that he helps.

They are 5-4-2 with Ullmark.  
Is there any coach in the world that can overcome the worst goalie in the league ???

changing the coach and keeping Hutton will change absolutely nothing 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Is there any coach in the world that can overcome the worst goalie in the league ???

Incorrect. A coaching change would likely improve our dead offense. Hopefully enough to score enough to win even with Hutton. 

9 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Incorrect. A coaching change would likely improve our dead offense. Hopefully enough to score enough to win even with Hutton. 

You can’t win in the NHL with a goalie who’s save percentage is .880.  It’s impossible -unless your are the 80’s Oilers 

13 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

So, in games with their starting goaltender, they're below playoff pace (12 Pts in 11 GP = 89 Pts in 82 GP pace), and you think that's good enough?  Wouldn't you expect your backup to be below your starter, so your starter would have to be well above playoff pace just to get in?

Carter Hutton may be a problem, but that doesn't mean that he is the problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, carpandean said:

So, in games with their starting goaltender, they're below playoff pace (12 Pts in 11 GP = 89 Pts in 82 GP pace), and you think that's good enough?  Wouldn't you expect your backup to be below your starter, so your starter would have to be well above playoff pace just to get in?

I agree, with a lot of what people are saying but they were set up for failure when they brought back literally the worst goalie in the league.  
Yes they were shut out yesterday but you can’t blame Ralph for missing the point blank chances they had. Montour in particular. 
this is the 3rd coach now who they’ve had since th tank and all were saddled with below avg, if not the worst goaltending in the league.   
that needs to be addressed. And it’s clearly Adam’s who should be feeling the heat for keeping Hutton around 

33 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

It’s both.  Even the best goalie in the world can not win a game in which his team scores zero goals.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Kronsteen said:

Southampton lost to Everton 1-0 today. This was their eighth loss in nine games.

It sounds to me like they need a certain chairman to return in order to right their ship.

Win-win (except maybe for Southampton).

Welcome!

55 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

True, but they actually have a winning record with Ullmark in net since the beginning of last season 

52 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

They need to do 2 things. Upgrade Hutton, and fire Krueger. 

5-4-2 is not a winning record. 

5 hours ago, SDS said:

How GROSSLY misinformed. Multilevel misinformed. 

1. You should just know the basic fact that he was Director of Southampton. Not the coach.

2. As a person who watches sports at any level, how does one wrap their mind around the belief that a person can be capable and hired to be a head coach in the NHL AAAAND be the manager of an English Premier League team? 😳 Do you think people can just roll out of bed and coach at the highest levels of multi-billion dollar leagues? 

Hello.....Ted Lasso?  He just won a Golden Globe for Christ sake. 
Inspired Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

48 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You can’t win in the NHL with a goalie who’s save percentage is .880.  It’s impossible -unless your are the 80’s Oilers 

Idk, I’d speculate that the .880 improves with a team thats actually more focused on offense. More possession time and time in the o-zone probably leads to teams like the Flyers not taking almost 40 shots a game. 

40 shots a game on a goalie with an .880 is what, 3.5 goals a game? Whittle that down to 25 shots a game, and that’s probably 2.2 goals a game. Improve the offense enough to score at least 3 goals a game, and there ya go. 

Keep scoring 0 goals a game, and the Sabres aren’t going to win even with the best tendies of all time. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

3 hours ago, SDS said:

I’m starting to lose track of the complaints. If the problem is the head coach and we have more talent than the results show, then why would a head coach not want to come here?

OTOH, if the problem is the players and no one wants to come here and coach these dorks then why are we firing the head coach?

You seem to take offense to Sabres critiques. Any special reason? Why do you think so many of their players are underachieving so much this season? You think Krueger is doing the job? What's the reason the last 10 years they've missed the playoffs? Or are all the critiques off base, and you're satisfied? Just curious because like so many have said the biggest problem (coaching) appears pretty obvious to anyone I've talked to who knows hockey. But, by all means enlighten me if you think Kreuger isn't the biggest problem.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

You seem to take offense to Sabres critiques. Any special reason? Why do you think so many of their players are underachieving so much this season? You think Krueger is doing the job? What's the reason the last 10 years they've missed the playoffs? Or are all the critiques off base, and you're satisfied? Just curious because like so many have said the biggest problem (coaching) appears pretty obvious to anyone I've talked to who knows hockey. But, by all means enlighten me if you think Kreuger isn't the biggest problem.

Terry and Kim are the biggest problem. 

The biggest solvable problem is Ralph. Which, coincidentally, is likely tied up with T&K. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

27 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

I thought my post was clear. 🤷🏻 I asked why someone wouldn’t come here if we had the talent. If we don’t have the talent, why do people want the coach fired? Seems like a legit set of questions. 

It’s a game. Ralph is fabulously wealthy. If people want to replace him then replace him. He will be ok. 

I don’t think it is happening anytime soon though. 

4 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Rick Dudley

The fact Rick didn’t get an interview seems strange.  Local guy, Sabre alumni, and more experience than most of the GM candidates at the time.  He would be a perfect second voice in the room to help validate trades, provide insight on drafting as well as assist in upcoming UFA/RFA decisions.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

People used to say this with the Bills too. They are inexperienced and have made mistakes, that doesn't mean that they can't make a good hire. 

People need to stop equating the Bills and Sabres. 

In an NFL draft, teams are getting college players who can make an immediate impact. In the NHL, a lot of the draft picks will take 4+ years. You can change an NFL roster far quicker than an NHL one. 

Also, T&K lucking into a good McBeane combo has nothing to do with them sucking at finding the right leadership for the Sabres. The Sabres STILL suck a decade after “oh where’s Perreault? I loved him! This is hockey heaven now.”

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

They need to do 2 things. Upgrade Hutton, and fire Krueger. 

5-4-2 is not a winning record. 

Since the beginning of last season.  I believe he is 20-17-5.    Above .500.  Anyways. 
My point is and remains.  Step 1 is to move on from Hutton   Firing Ralph before upgrading in goal is putting the cart in front of the horse 

12 hours ago, carpandean said:

He is a major problem.  You keep Hutton and hire another coach. Do you really expect different results ??  Waiving Hutton should be step 1 

10 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

People need to stop equating the Bills and Sabres. 

In an NFL draft, teams are getting college players who can make an immediate impact. In the NHL, a lot of the draft picks will take 4+ years. You can change an NFL roster far quicker than an NHL one. 

Also, T&K lucking into a good McBeane combo has nothing to do with them sucking at finding the right leadership for the Sabres. The Sabres STILL suck a decade after “oh where’s Perreault? I loved him! This is hockey heaven now.”

You'd better hope that they LUCK into another McBeane type hire, and they will, because they're the owners and they ain't going nowhere.