Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

40 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I wonder if Kym was in the room and Kevyn had Meehan on speaker?  People need to stop blaming Botts for the Skinner contract when no one knows how much say Pegula(s) had in terms of the contract dollars, length or conditions(full NMC).  My guess is they had a lot of say!

No, people (not solely directed to your post) need to stop assuming it as fact that the Pegulas were involved in any way at all, when there is no evidence of their involvement. To the contrary, the Skinner contract may well be a big part of the reason Botterill was fired.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No, people (not solely directed to your post) need to stop assuming it as fact that the Pegulas were involved in any way at all, when there is no evidence of their involvement. To the contrary, the Skinner contract may well be a big part of the reason Botterill was fired.

You think on the 2nd biggest contract on the team that the Pegula's had no involvement at all whether a simple "sign him/don't sign him" or anything related to the contract?  I am just speculating, but if I was a betting man, I'd bet the house that they were involved, and I don't mean "okay Jason go ahead and do whatever you feel is right".

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

No Skinner or Eichel for the AM Skate

This right here is what Krueger needs to be fired.  We've seen Eichel hasn't been himself pretty much all season. With the Covid shutdown he didn't recover.  To me this is on Krueger.... if Jack needs to be shut down, shut him down.  I just feel like Eich has been mismanaged all season.

And not using Skinner?  WTF?

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

You think on the 2nd biggest contract on the team that the Pegula's had no involvement at all whether a simple "sign him/don't sign him" or anything related to the contract?  I am just speculating, but if I was a betting man, I'd bet the house that they were involved, and I don't mean "okay Jason go ahead and do whatever you feel is right".

Correct. Show me otherwise.

21 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I said it’s speculation on my part.  What is it you would like me to say other than previously stated?  Pegula’s are involved in the day to day operations of the team?  Is that good enough?

Multi-year $9m contracts aren’t day-to-day operations is the point being made. 

26 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I said it’s speculation on my part.  What is it you would like me to say other than previously stated?  Pegula’s are involved in the day to day operations of the team?  Is that good enough?

No, they're not.  If you want to assert that, show it.

49 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’m more surprised that the ownership paying $9 million a year for the next 6 years was okay with “let’s scratch him for the next 3 games.”

Exactly.  Would never happen.  It's a fantasy world where the owners suggest that contract and then approve the benching.

11 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I thought Botterill Himself even said he was against long term contracts.

Yet, he gave one.  So show me the Pegulas' involvement.  

@LabattBlueis one of the few people who have been here longer than I.  (Love that you're back!)  But show it.  Accepting weird theories as truth is so much January 6.

28 minutes ago, Eleven said:

@LabattBlueis one of the few people who have been here longer than I.  (Love that you're back!)  But show it.  Accepting weird theories as truth is so much January 6.

They’re just theories. They aren’t weird ones, though. Not even close.

The idea that an owner who is shelling out 9 million dollar contracts plays no part it them is equally as weird an idea.

I guess you’re lucky that the burden of proof is on us,... for some reason.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

The Sabres are scoring at a league worst 1.42 g/60 at even strength.  This is .5 worse then any other team.  Either this is the team that can't shoot straight or the system they are being asked to employ doesn't work.  I think it's more the latter then the former.  RK needs to go.

The destruction of Skinner is just one symptom of the greater problem.  only in recent games have they played more at the net.  While helping it hasn't solved the problem.  Now with Jack out, what's next?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

Weird theories? That Terry is involved in the Sabres' hockey ops? It's not exactly Roswell/Area 51 stuff.

If the charge is being involved in the day to day operations (short of the charge of meddling), it's an open and shut case. Was it Kim or was it Botterill who revealed that Terry talked to the GM every day, up to three times a day? That's daily involvement. You have Terry watching game film. Terry sitting up top next to the assistant coach. Terry sitting at various tables and in various war rooms. Terry admitting that free agent signings were his idea. Darcy saying that Terry would decide the extent of the rebuild. Terry going to the GM side and Kim going to business side when they enter the building. This isn't a question. He's involved. Heavily.

20 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm pretty sure it was documented that Botterill was actually against locking up Eichel to the big term deal. I'd say it's HIGHLY likely the Pegulas were involed with nudging for Skinner, if Botts had to be nudged even for Jacky. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm pretty sure it was documented that Botterill was actually against locking up Eichel to the big term deal. I'd say it's HIGHLY likely the Pegulas were involed with nudging for Skinner, if Botts had to be nudged even for Jacky. 

Remember that video of Botterill saying "we'll get it done" re: Skinner?

Maybe it's cause the higher ups told him he had to, at whatever cost. Per speculation. He'd be pretty confident if he knew there wasn't a cap on spending. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

OK, here's a question:  last season, the Sabres finished, based on %ages,  #30 on the PK and #20 on the PP.  A number of observers, including me, felt that these results, especially the PK, indicated a coaching issue.

This season, the Sabres are #21 on the PK and #1 on the PP with a bullet.  So they have improved substantially on the PP and a decent amount on the PK.  I think coaching should get some credit for this, although it's a small sample size and we can't get carried away here.

IMHO, the team shows up and plays hard for RK, and the issues that have kept them in the dumpster this year are goaltending and low production from their top guys.  It might be fair to attribute the top guys' underperformance to RK, but Eichel had his best season last year under RK, and Reino and VO are both having good seasons this year.

Is it crazy to think that the top guys will start to revert to their career standards and that RK's 5-on-5 coaching will improve, just like the special teams have improved?

• Like (+1) 1

If they don't do something soon they are going to alienate what remains for their fanbase.  I'm so disgusted that I haven't even watched the last couple of games because I knew they stood no chance of winning them.  Edm was right to dump RK when they did.  We should as well.  He has no clue what to do.  

KA also needs to vote some of these players off the island.  We can't roll of defense with Jokiharju, Montour and Miller playing each night.  He needs to move one of Miller or Montour for a defensive oriented D.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1