Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The shorten season, the Viral Outbreak and now the injuries pretty much guarantee a return of the existing coaching staff next year.

Really hope I’m wrong here 

Yep.  There is only one major change coming for 21-22, and that is the decreasing number of STH, and fans in the stands.

15 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I think they care to the point where their input is detrimental to the organization as a whole 

Absolutely.  They care.  They like to be heavily involved, and demand it in fact.  Unfortunately, they don’t know what they are doing, so it’s actually a bad thing.

I feel like the only way this will get better is if they find some experienced, capable hockey person who they like and trust enough to make PHO.

This person needs to be not only competent at overseeing a hockey team, but also willing to humor the Pegulas and spend a non trivial amount of time communicating with them and making them feel heard.  In addition to this, this person must be liked and trusted by the Pegulas.  It’s tough.

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They've got one more year of Jack after this then it's a rebuild.

Punt this year, settle for no improvement, bring back the same staff next year - any of these things are at their own peril. Good luck.  

This feels inevitable.

Maybe Eichel's trying to save us from H.C.-Ra Krugenobi.

Eichwalker (with yellow eyes): Don't lecture me, H.C.-Ra. I see through the lies of the "system". I do not fear offensive games as you do. I will bring goals, assists, cellies, and Stanley Cups to my new Empire (or franchise, if I'm traded).

H.C.-Ra: Your new Empire?

Eichwalker: Don't make me fire you.... (Like I fired HCHousley and HCDB).

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Here is a Krueger interview from last year after losing to Colorado. He offers no actual solutions on how to get better. 

That hutton quote is so typical of Ralph. He says nothing useful. All he says is, carter is experienced (duh), carter takes responsibility (for what exactly isn't stated but we can infer his performance), he's critical of himself (great, how so?) we move him forward and need to work with him (how and on what?), he's somebody who can put himself in the right place (so it isn't on the coaches?). 

The hutton quote I am singling out because it is exactly the same type of nonsense speak he uses for Skinner. "he's got to work through it, he's got to be better, we aren't getting enough out of him". It is just vagueness and I don't think Krueger actually knows how to get whatever it is he wants out of Skinner, in fact I don't even think he actually knows what he wants out of Skinner.  

Why do you think he owes you a public explanation on anything?

He may be the worst coach that ever sat on a hockey bench, but thinking he owes you a public explanation of anything is just as bad.

2 hours ago, SDS said:

He may be the worst coach that ever sat on a hockey bench, but thinking he owes you a public explanation of anything is just as bad.

I'd say that might be one of the biggest problems with this moron. You guys are paying his salary in the end, if he would own anyone a explanation would't that be you ? dont get me wrong but id say that is what a good coach does, tell the truth to those who deserves the truth the most.

6 hours ago, SDS said:

That's a very odd way of looking at this. 

He can say nothing because he doesn't owe fans anything. That's just a bizarre twist of what I'm pointing out. 

Edited by LGR4GM
Spelling

6 hours ago, SDS said:

Actually the more I read this the more crazy it seems. The man won't or can't answer simple questions, I'm asking for the bare minimum. 

It's actually very in line with the Pegulas telling fans they don't know things, so be quiet. 

Ralph, why isn't this team scoring 5v5?

"I don't owe you anything." 

That's just a bizarre and honestly very condescending response to my point that RK seems not to have answers. Fine though, if the Sabres don't owe me anything, I don't need to owe/spend money on their product. I don't owe them anything. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Actually the more I read this the more crazy it seems. The man won't or can't answer simple questions, I'm asking for the bare minimum. 

It's actually very in line with the Pegulas telling fans they don't know things, so be quiet. 

Ralph, why isn't this team scoring 5v5?

"I don't owe you anything." 

That's just a bizarre and honestly very condescending response to my point that RK seems not to have answers. Fine though, if the Sabres don't owe me anything, I don't need to owe/spend money on their product. I don't owe them anything. 

Bill Belichick is a HOF coach who literally says "on to ____" after a loss, and refers to a lot of players by their numbers. I guess some would say he's earned the right to answer the media that way.  

Do we want him to publicly drag Skinner in the media for whatever it is?  Do we want him questioning the heart of our captain?  Probably not.  I'd rather the issues (if any), stay hidden.  

7 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

I'd say that might be one of the biggest problems with this moron. You guys are paying his salary in the end, if he would own anyone a explanation would't that be you ? dont get me wrong but id say that is what a good coach does, tell the truth to those who deserves the truth the most.

Disagree.  I think a good coach... leads and coaches his team.  Not the media and fans.  This is an insanely toxic hockey market at this point, they're hanging on every word.

2 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Bill Belichick is a HOF coach who literally says "on to ____" after a loss, and refers to a lot of players by their numbers. I guess some would say he's earned the right to answer the media that way.  

Do we want him to publicly drag Skinner in the media for whatever it is?  Do we want him questioning the heart of our captain?  Probably not.  I'd rather the issues (if any), stay hidden.  

This isn't about Skinner. I want him to say something to demonstrate to a fanbase that has suffered a decade of stupidity that shows he actually has an answer. Why can't these team score 5v5 and what are they doing to fix it? He doesn't have to name names but dear lord say something. 

1 minute ago, Drag0nDan said:

Disagree.  I think a good coach... leads and coaches his team.  Not the media and fans.  This is an insanely toxic hockey market at this point, they're hanging on every word.

Is he leading his team anywhere? Most talented team we've had in a decade and they are what 6th or 7th in their conference. 

Also I am pretty skeptical of this so called leader who seems to have a problem with one player but allows other underachievers to do whatever whenever. 

This should be a toxic market. The team has no pulse and is boring to watch. They show nothing for games at a time and we are just supposed to accept that like good little fans and cough up our money. "Shut up now fan, give me your money like a good little blue collar worker."

9 hours ago, pi2000 said:

BUF is 3rd in CF% in the East.... behind only BOS and PIT.... and 4th in xGF%.

They're not bad... other than the top guys not scoring 🙂

That may be the most objectively positive information I have seen here this season.  It's almost as if we could say, "just imagine if everyone just starts scoring normally."

32 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Belichick is a HOF Coach with Eight SuperBowl Rings, Krueger has yet to coach a team with winning percentage of .500 in three seasons.

Skinner had the highest xGF on the team and is not scoring. Why are Okposo and Staal not healthy scratches for worse play?  

Why when Montour, Jokiharju and Miller were all struggling did it take a viral outbreak for Borgen, who looked great in TC and in Rochester last year to get off the taxi squad into a game? 

These are questions he should answer 

51 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This should be a toxic market. The team has no pulse and is boring to watch. They show nothing for games at a time and we are just supposed to accept that like good little fans and cough up our money. "Shut up now fan, give me your money like a good little blue collar worker."

We are described as the 8th Canadian Market by members of the Canadian Media because of the knowledge and passion of the fan base. It has been a decade without playoffs and they really are not close to being a playoff team. And we are close to having the Franchise Center ask for a trade. The organization continues to hire first timers for all positions 

Your damn right we should be toxic

• Like (+1) 3

I don't love Krueger as a coach. He makes questionable lineup decisions and speaks gibberish to the media. However, I don't believe firing him is justified for a few reasons:

1. He has barely coached 1 full NHL season.
  2. Injuries and COVID have ravaged the team. 
  3. The team has had ***** puck luck so far. XGF numbers are far higher than actual GF. I believe I saw somewhere that a number of our players have been experiencing record low shooting percentages.
  4. If we fire him, then what? At a certain point it just seems like no degree of coaching expertise can help this organization. IMO the only thing that can save our franchise is a Lou Lamoriello.
    1. Also firing him so early furthers the notion among executives that the Pegulas go through coaches and GMs too quickly. Perhaps enough so that it rubs potential coaching replacements like Gallant, Boudreau and Julien the wrong way.

I think the organization should wait until the end of the season at least before firing him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

This isn't about Skinner. I want him to say something to demonstrate to a fanbase that has suffered a decade of stupidity that shows he actually has an answer. Why can't these team score 5v5 and what are they doing to fix it? He doesn't have to name names but dear lord say something.

He did answer it. He admitted he didn't have an answer.

40 minutes ago, NAF said:

I don't love Krueger as a coach. He makes questionable lineup decisions and speaks gibberish to the media. However, I don't believe firing him is justified for a few reasons:

1. He has barely coached 1 full NHL season.
  2. Injuries and COVID have ravaged the team. 
  3. The team has had ***** puck luck so far. XGF numbers are far higher than actual GF. I believe I saw somewhere that a number of our players have been experiencing record low shooting percentages.
  4. If we fire him, then what? At a certain point it just seems like no degree of coaching expertise can help this organization. IMO the only thing that can save our franchise is a Lou Lamoriello.
    1. Also firing him so early furthers the notion among executives that the Pegulas go through coaches and GMs too quickly. Perhaps enough so that it rubs potential coaching replacements like Gallant, Boudreau and Julien the wrong way.

I think the organization should wait until the end of the season at least before firing him.

I agree with everything here except the choice of “ravaged” re: injuries. Pretty average to league wide. I get the covid thing but we still play those games. 

And a potential Julien caveat, I think