Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

You out there that still believes in this cupcake coach, why is that? 

Dont come in here blaming it all on goalies eventhough they not been the best.

We have had over 10 months to prepare for this, we have had all the time in the ***** world to prepare. 
And we look like a bunch of lost souls out there. 

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

If there is a God the Jackets fire Torts and we hire him and kick Ralph upstairs. We desperately need a guy like that who will come in, kick ass, take names and hold people accountable.

You may need to update your thoughts on John Tortorella, unless you have a time machine and want to hire a coach from 20 years ago.

There’s a reason why the “kick ass” coaching philosophy isn’t around anymore in any sport. 

The complete lack of competence in the owner’s box means they’ll have to just stumble into hiring the right guy, which happened (eventually) with the Bills.  To their credit once it happened on the football side they had the smarts not to screw it up.  But they’re basically throwing darts at the wall with absolutely no idea what they should be looking for and a stubborn unwillingness to take advice (and the botched Botterill be-knighting only increased their lack of trust in outsiders).

The problem is upstairs.  We’re basically hoping for good luck at this point.  Which is fine but it’s hardly a strategy.

I canceled my CenterIce subscription this morning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• nfreeman changed the title to Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.
53 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

The complete lack of competence in the owner’s box means they’ll have to just stumble into hiring the right guy, which happened (eventually) with the Bills.  To their credit once it happened on the football side they had the smarts not to screw it up.  But they’re basically throwing darts at the wall with absolutely no idea what they should be looking for and a stubborn unwillingness to take advice (and the botched Botterill be-knighting only increased their lack of trust in outsiders).

The problem is upstairs.  We’re basically hoping for good luck at this point.  Which is fine but it’s hardly a strategy.

I canceled my CenterIce subscription this morning.

But both the Murray and Botteril hirings were the result of taking advice from NHL insiders.

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Not there with RK yet. I want to give him this entire season to try and right the ship.

I agree.  He's coached 80 games with the Sabres, the first 69 of which were spent trying to make chicken salad out of JB's chicken poop roster, and the most recent 11 of which have been spent trying to get a team's sharpness back after a 10-month layoff plus a 15-day layoff and a virus outbreak -- and he's had bottom-20% goaltending the whole time.

I think he's also reasonably well-respected around the NHL, and dumping him at this point would be another log on the fire of TP's reputation for firing people.

51 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I’m still willing to let this crazy season play out. This is very frustrating but a new coach is no guarantee of anything but more change. We had not practiced much in weeks, no games, not all our players and got tossed in the ring with a red hot Islanders team.

Yes indeed -- and they played pretty well in the 1st 2 periods last night before running out of gas in the 3rd.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

If there is a God the Jackets fire Torts and we hire him and kick Ralph upstairs. We desperately need a guy like that who will come in, kick ass, take names and hold people accountable.

He would not fit the Pegula culture.  Similar to Gallant, Torts is too blunt, harsh and would want more control. 

Another coaching change right now will hurt the team and the Pegula reputation.   I say wait until the off season to show the league RK git a fair shot.  Give RK this season to earn us another lottery pick.  Sad state of affairs.  

Edited by Pimlach

21 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Ralph needs to go, and we need experience back in charge. A GM and a HC with experience. 

So they should fire adams after like 10 games?  It's not as if he's the one who... hired RK and extended skinner/okposo, or signed hutton.  They were missing 5 regulars for that game... and several others were away from facilities sick.  With a limited amount of space - he brought in Staal (an upgrade over Johansson), rieder/eakin to shore up the PK (which has improved), Hall (whos been almost a PPG player).  

The PP is still solid - they just can't shoot.  I don't know what it is, but this team cannot shoot.  I don't know how skinner scored 40 goals, because he's reliably shooting it directly into the goalies stomach.  Hall and Eichel are well below career averages shooting.

And goaltending is still a huge problem.  They have 1 capable goalie in the organization (who if he didn't miss time last year, they'd have made the playoffs).  They spend like little to no money on it, and it shows. 

15 million on okposo and skinner... and they have combined for a point.  1. I don't care who skinner plays with... 1 point?  Why is he getting outscored by sheahan lazar and rieder?  

Edited by Drag0nDan
  • Like (+1) 4

If GMKA wants to make a real statement that he is truly in charge, then I would love to see him fire Ralph and find a way to sign Gallant.  That would tell me that he isn't afraid to act like the boss and tell the players, fans and perhaps even inept ownership that he isn't fooling around and is taking his job seriously.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

No one is getting fired.  

The roster is mismatched and lacks some pieces but RK's coaching is to blame for the offensive failure.  This team's top forwards have no idea how to execute in this system which is pretty scary.  The bottom six forwards score occasionally because they have no choice but to go to the net.  However as a team we get zero traffic in front of the net and the system seems to keep our best scorers on the perimeter.  The sad part is that Okposo, Hall, Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, and Staal all know how the game should be played.  It's long past time that they had a heart to heart with RK and KA and speak up about the terrible offensive system.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SDS said:

You may need to update your thoughts on John Tortorella, unless you have a time machine and want to hire a coach from 20 years ago.

There’s a reason why the “kick ass” coaching philosophy isn’t around anymore in any sport. 

I hear that all the time but Bill Belichick is known to put his players thru hell to toughen them up, he was pretty successful. You look at what the BILLS are doing with their "process" & culture. I don't think its hard to make the leap that if you want a hard working team, they need to practice like a hard practicing team. You can't be all soft & coaxing to your players & then expect them to be dogs & go thru walls for you.  I think the best coaches would have elements of both in them, knowing when to be good cop/bad cap so to speak.

But our teams have been soft & weak & low effort for years it seems now. Perhaps thats because our coaches arent more like a Torts... idk. At this point i think we're all lost on what to do. All these years of losing becomes too much after awhile

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

If GMKA wants to make a real statement that he is truly in charge, then I would love to see him fire Ralph and find a way to sign Gallant.  That would tell me that he isn't afraid to act like the boss and tell the players, fans and perhaps even inept ownership that he isn't fooling around and is taking his job seriously.

He hasn't even coached a full seasons worth of games....