OT: Jessica Pegula upsets 5th seed to make it to Quarterfinals of Australian Open

ROC_exEMT

Don't know if this a big whoop or not but ...

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tLP1TfIMM5JTzY1YPTiy0otLs5MTlQoSE0vzUkEAHqvCR8&q=jessica+pegula&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS838US838&oq=jessica&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46i131i433l3j46i433l2j0i131i433j46i131i433l2.3238j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

My boss mentioned this - I told him most Sabres fans would rather the Sabres make it to the SC playoffs.  But, good for her.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'd like to see her do well (see my post in other sports thread) but this tournament is going to belong to Ashleigh Barty, who also is a pretty solid cricketer.

Yeah, no. Her serves are only fair, and get worse as matches go on — testament to her poor foot work, which has always held her back. Her Late Navratilova Serve to Ace Ratio (LN2AR) of .213 says it all.

Look forward to Taro's take on this. The ball is certainly in his court.

• Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

FWIW, in Jessie's previous match (against Mladenovic) one of the Tennis Channel commentators mentioned that Sabres trainers had been working with Jessie

That low event hockey is revolutionizing tennis.  Just try to hit the ball the least amount possible. 

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Way to go Ms. Pegula! Represent!

Good for her, the family and the sport. She's obviously worked extremely hard. My congrats to her. If by chance anyone remotely reads these boards from PGE or the family themselves, a hearty "way to go".

They know and she let us know.  In her after game presser she thanked Buffalo for all the support. Even wrote Thank you Buffalo on the camera lense after.

• Like (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

FWIW, in Jessie's previous match (against Mladenovic) one of the Tennis Channel commentators mentioned that Sabres trainers had been working with Jessie

They've taught her how to consistently miss the net 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.