GDT: They’re Bad, Islanders at Sabres 2/15/21, 7PM MSG, NBCSN, WGR

Brawndo

30 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They approached Trotz, but he was close with Housley and wouldn’t take the job 

Guys like Lou Lam and Burke won’t come near this organization 

That is interesting regarding Trotz.

However, if Lou was willing to go to the Isles he probably would've been willing to join the Sabres.

19 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I was really wanting to watch Sabres hockey.  It didn’t take long to get disgusted.  My wife won’t watch them. She said “it’s not just the losing, they are boring and there is no one to cheer for”.  

-- I missed the game. How are we doing?

+ Same as always.

-- That bad, huh?

Edited by DarthEbriate

7 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Guys, I’m not really sure how much more of this I can take. I’m about to cancel my FuboTV. Literally the only reason I have it is for MSG Network 

Ok.  But you and I both know you’ll keep it for the rest of the Sabres season 😂
I personally liked FuboTV. I went back to Spectrum only because they offered a lower rate (for a year).

17 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

How do you start and end the third with a man advantage, down by two, and not get one shot?  That’s actually impressive they didn’t even get one on accident.

The worst part is they played like they didn’t even know it.  No one went out there with any intent to just put something on net in the hopes that anything can happen. 

As coach, wouldn’t’ you be harping about it on the bench?  Wouldn’t you just send someone to the net, drawing a defenseman with him, while another player puts I shot on goal.  Anything can happen.  

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I personally liked FuboTV. I went back to Spectrum only because they offered a lower rate (for a year).

I fought with spectrum for 2 days. Finally I told them to ***** off and got the Fubo app. I barely watched tonight. That 70 bucks a month could be used more wisely 

Just now, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I fought with spectrum for 2 days. Finally I told them to ***** off and got the Fubo app. I barely watched tonight. That 70 bucks a month could be used more wisely 

I did the same exact thing… I had the boxes and I was paying quite a bit of money to spectrum every month. Finally I cut the cord and bought a couple Roko devices. And signed up for fuboTV. I had fuboTV for three months, and then spectrum got in touch with me again and gave me an offer I couldn’t refuse.
Unfortunately you have to actually leave spectrum… Be away from them for three months… And then they contact you with a very good offer to try to get you back.
Or if they don’t… You call them after 90 days of being away from them. Now that I’m used to watching TV through the Roku device, i’ll be going back-and-forth between spectrum and fuboTV depending on what the monthly rate is. My Spectum “deal” ends in September.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What did they offer you?

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

Paying 9 million dollars to Jeff Skinner and hiring a soccer coach to lead your team was the real Turning Point.

Who is the soccer coach?

15 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The overall picture presented by the Isles in 2018 was no better than that presented by the Sabres.

Also, what about Bylsma?

It’s Pegula. 

He has a reputation around the league particularly with the experienced hockey people. 

Todd McClennan told TP in His interview, you have knack around the league for rapidly firing people 

Brian Burke was in Buffalo for a Leafs-Sabres Game and asked Botterill to grab a bite to eat before the game, Botts couldn’t because he had to have a sit down dinner with the Owners before every home game. Burke said that’s too much closeness with the owners. 

Their reputation proceeds them in some circles. 

Other Owners and the League Office have a tremendous amount of respect for them. 

Others do not 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.