GDT: They’re Bad, Islanders at Sabres 2/15/21, 7PM MSG, NBCSN, WGR

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Did he want to stay? 

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Provided Scandella would've been open to an extension, and personally belueve he was, had no issue with him getting one and actually wanted him extended.

If you have a pairing that works well together keep BOTH players, because if you lose one you might actually effectively lose them both.

My recollection is that he had a good relationship with RK, who had resurrected his play from being a frequent healthy scratch and scapegoat the prior year.  I wouldn't have been surprised if he had signed an extension.

I don't recall who his most frequent partner was though.

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

My recollection is that he had a good relationship with RK, who had resurrected his play from being a frequent healthy scratch and scapegoat the prior year.  I wouldn't have been surprised if he had signed an extension.

I don't recall who his most frequent partner was though.

Scandella was the guy that had people thinking Jokiharju would be a top pairing D-man.

• Like (+1) 2

• Brawndo changed the title to GDT: They’re Bad, Islanders at Sabres 2/15/21, 7PM MSG, NBCSN, WGR

The good news is that next year we can take all those wasted millions on Hall and and use it to pay all the wasted millions towards Skinner.

This whole organization is just a shell of a team that crumbles at the tiniest sign of adversity. My God I can't stand Eichel. I would trade him in a heartbeat for at least 50 players in this league....straight up

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Look at how well the Islanders play and they are not even super talented.  It’s coaching.  

In the summer of 2018, after JB's and Howie's first year, a year in which they were both trying for the Sabres to be a good team, but still led the Sabres to finish DFL, both Lamoriello and Trotz became available.  The Islanders, which had been about as bad a franchise as the Sabres for a number of years at that point, snatched both of them up and immediately became a solid NHL franchise.  The Sabres stuck with 2 guys who in retrospect were in way over their heads.  And here we are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Can’t be too upset about this one.  Haven’t played in 15 days , missing a bunch of regulars against a rolling islanders team 

They look spent this 3rd period.  Not going to hold much hope for tomorrow either.  Especially with Hutton in net 

hopefully by thursday, they should be ready to at least compete with the Capitals.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3rd period down 3-1 and no SOG with 7 minutes left.  Includes a wasted power play.  

I get they have not played in 15 days. I get there are missing some key players.  No shots in the third thus far?  That is hard to do. 

Was hoping for a more courageous effort. I don’t know why?  

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Can’t be too upset about this one.  Haven’t played in 15 days , missing a bunch of regulars against a rolling islanders team 

They look spent this 3rd period.  Not going to hold much hope for tomorrow either.  Especially with Hutton in net 

hopefully by thursday, they should be ready to at least compete with the Capitals.  

Don't hold your breathe.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.