Fans will be returning to KBC starting 3/20 versus Boston

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Why anyone would willingly pay money to go see this sh*tshow of a team covid or not this season is beyond me. You’d get far better use fertilizing your lawn with your shredded money than giving anything to this organization and owners. I haven’t spent $1 on anything Sabre related in the past four years. Smartest decision I’ve ever made. Wish I had done it a few years earlier actually. 

Damn. I kinda feel bad for you. 

I'm guessing the Sabres have done some number crunching and determined that they are better off without fans in the building.  

But that looks absolutely horrible and minor league to shut the building down when the Governor says they don't have to.

So they are dragging their feet on opening it back up (kills more time) and then are apparently only going to allow fans in now and again, so they can say they did let some fans in, some of the time.

The whole thing is just a really bad look.

8 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I'm guessing the Sabres have done some number crunching and determined that they are better off without fans in the building.  

But that looks absolutely horrible and minor league to shut the building down when the Governor says they don't have to.

So they are dragging their feet on opening it back up (kills more time) and then are apparently only going to allow fans in now and again, so they can say they did let some fans in, some of the time.

The whole thing is just a really bad look.

Is it really all that surprising considering the organization??

9 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I can't find available tickets anywhere, so not sure what is going on. 

Unless I’m mistaken, nor will you.

Over 13,000 season ticket and mini pack holders will get first crack at the tickets.

Just like the Bills, they need to show proof of ID and have those seats be directly linked to them. And obviously a negative Covid test three days or less prior to the game.

So from my understanding, you won’t find tickets available for purchase if you aren’t the owner of season tickets or a mini pack.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 2/25/2021 at 10:18 PM, Billznut said:

Why anyone would willingly pay money to go see this sh*tshow of a team covid or not this season is beyond me. You’d get far better use fertilizing your lawn with your shredded money than giving anything to this organization and owners. I haven’t spent $1 on anything Sabre related in the past four years. Smartest decision I’ve ever made. Wish I had done it a few years earlier actually. 

Ok, I know its a joke to be made..but to go to a Sabres game now...how much would they have to pay ME?  

I'm a casual fan at this point, but I watch most of the games on TV (at least I start to).  I follow the team, I WANT to like the team.  But if someone said you could go to the game for free, including parking...I'd say no.  Pay me$20...nope.  Pay me $100....I'd think about it but it might or might not even be worth my time.  No joke...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/25/2021 at 7:18 PM, Billznut said:

And that should be the way to get the attention of the owners and management.

How about, for that first game, nobody shows?  They make this big  deal about fans returning and the arena is still empty. The Sports shows will report this and it should be embarrassing to the owners.

Unfortunately, with the pandemic, they’ll just say people were being health conscious.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

It would be worth it to go now just to vent my spleen at the lot of them and there would be few enough people in the building that it would be quiet enough that I know they would hear me. Actually me and the words that come out of my mouth.  The building will be so quiet there's a good chance TV will pick up my rant as well.

Just so we are clear I'm not yelling at the players.  I'm yelling directly at the owner's box.

They're in Florida

14 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

The team should pass out 2,000 paper bags for fans in attendance to wear.  At some point in the game, nobody will want to be recognized for being there.

I do wonder if those going to that first game are just going to walk in, grab their cardboard cutout, and walkout, apologizing profusely to their cardboard cutout all the way home for putting them there.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I do wonder if those going to that first game are just going to walk in, grab their cardboard cutout, and walkout, apologizing profusely to their cardboard cutout all the way home for putting them there.

A lot of people didn't like the tank...and some said the 'losing culture' would take a while to get over....but, did anyone, ANYONE truly think this is where this franchise would be after Eichel, Sam...and then a couple years later the generations pick of Dahlin?

Personally I was thinking if the GM made good moves filling out the bottom end of the roster they would be a top 5 team in the league by now....and even if the GM's screwed up the bottom of the roster this would still be a top 10 team. No way I ever thought this could happen.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

A lot of people didn't like the tank...and some said the 'losing culture' would take a while to get over....but, did anyone, ANYONE truly think this is where this franchise would be after Eichel, Sam...and then a couple years later the generations pick of Dahlin?

Personally I was thinking if the GM made good moves filling out the bottom end of the roster they would be a top 5 team in the league by now....and even if the GM's screwed up the bottom of the roster this would still be a top 10 team. No way I ever thought this could happen.

Oh, it’s happening. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.