Fans will be returning to KBC starting 3/20 versus Boston

Brawndo

On 2/12/2021 at 1:31 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

I really don't think this is a good idea.

It's *way* too early for this.  I'm surprised to see Cuomo come down with this position, to be honest.

There is nothing different about the general state of the world out there now than, say, 6 months ago.

It will remain this way at least for this entire calendar year.

Lingering effects of the pandemic will be around for a decade.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 2/12/2021 at 1:51 PM, Taro T said:

Fair enough.

But, unlike when people go to the grocery store or Walmart, they are (almost certainly) going to be requiring everyone in attendance to have tested negative prior to entering the buliding.  They also will (again, almost certainly) be more strictly enforcing social distancing protocols than the other stores do as well.  It also will be very easy for those fans at high risk to avoid being put in that environment.

Remember when they used to count people going into Wegmans or Wal-Mart?

Lol no one is doing that anymore. 

Why shouldn't we be allowing everyone with at least first dose vaccine in?  What are we waiting for?

Just my opinion bc I think we need to be at the point if you don't have the vaccine you shelter in place and avoid people until you get it.  Should have it by June at the latest.  

Simple ask since we've all been asked to do this for almost 1 year and counting.   

14 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Remember when they used to count people going into Wegmans or Wal-Mart?

Lol no one is doing that anymore. 

Why shouldn't we be allowing everyone with at least first dose vaccine in?  What are we waiting for?

Just my opinion bc I think we need to be at the point if you don't have the vaccine you shelter in place and avoid people until you get it.  Should have it by June at the latest.  

Simple ask since we've all been asked to do this for almost 1 year and counting.   

We are still counting shopers in shops here in NS and we have very little COVID cases and never have.

Being extra careful is always wise.

A first dose, or even second dose, vaccination, does not prevent you from being a carrier.  Nuff said.

I still think that this is a very bad idea.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

We are still counting shopers in shops here in NS and we have very little COVID cases and never have.

Being extra careful is always wise.

A first dose, or even second dose, vaccination, does not prevent you from being a carrier.  Nuff said.

I still think that this is a very bad idea.

There will always be carriers.  There will always be cases.  330 million are never getting vaccinated let alone 7 billion thus the virus is never going away.  I said stay home till you get vaccinated.  Simple.  Shelter yourself in place.  

"Being extra careful" isn't what we signed up for and if that's the case why is anything open anywhere indoors?

3 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

It's *way* too early for this.  I'm surprised to see Cuomo come down with this position, to be honest.

There is nothing different about the general state of the world out there now than, say, 6 months ago.

It will remain this way at least for this entire calendar year.

Lingering effects of the pandemic will be around for a decade.

Why do you think this?  I think almost everyone in the US who wants to be vaccinated will be able to do so by the summer.

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/15/2021 at 5:24 PM, nfreeman said:

Why do you think this?  I think almost everyone in the US who wants to be vaccinated will be able to do so by the summer.

The clinical trials for Kids having been completed yet. 

High school and Middle School Students are not scheduled until the Fall 

Elementary School Students are not planned until Early 2022

On 2/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, Cal Naughton Jr said:

So this is supposed to start on Tuesday. The Sabres have a home game on Thursday. Anyone hear anything else on it? Season ticket holders? I’d really like to try to go next Saturday’s game...

Me too.  But given how this board is reading, maybe the Sabres should pass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Oh hell no. The Arena is dirty enough, the plumbing lines for beer aren’t clean, it tastes like cayenne pepper. Add a virus on top of that? No thanks

Egad.  Yikes.  Ick.  Yeesh.

On 2/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, Cal Naughton Jr said:

So this is supposed to start on Tuesday. The Sabres have a home game on Thursday. Anyone hear anything else on it? Season ticket holders? I’d really like to try to go next Saturday’s game...

I haven't heard a word since the survey. Maybe they're worried about a fragile team being able to hear every word shouted from the stands?

• Haha (+1) 2

Has anyone heard any official statement from the Sabres regarding this?

AFAIK they have said absolutely nothing since the NYS govt. announced the new policy.

You would think the Sabres and the Governor's office would have been on the same page prior to the announcement, but maybe not!  

I.E., perhaps the Sabres do not want to let fans in!

It certainly seems like that is the case.

23 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Has anyone heard any official statement from the Sabres regarding this?

AFAIK they have said absolutely nothing since the NYS govt. announced the new policy.

You would think the Sabres and the Governor's office would have been on the same page prior to the announcement, but maybe not!  

I.E., perhaps the Sabres do not want to let fans in!

It certainly seems like that is the case.

We did a survey. That’s aboubt it

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Brawndo changed the title to Fans will be returning to KBC starting 3/20 versus Boston

"The Sabres will reopen...to fans...for select home games this season."

What does that mean?  All home games will not feature fans once the policy is enacted in March???

Like fans will only be allowed in on "fan night" which happens only now and again?  

It certainly reads that way.

Why anyone would willingly pay money to go see this sh*tshow of a team covid or not this season is beyond me. You’d get far better use fertilizing your lawn with your shredded money than giving anything to this organization and owners. I haven’t spent $1 on anything Sabre related in the past four years. Smartest decision I’ve ever made. Wish I had done it a few years earlier actually. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.