Fans will be returning to KBC starting 3/20 versus Boston

Brawndo

Limited to 10% and of course those in attendance must get tested, jump through various hoops, blah blah...who would do that for this team at this point in time is mind boggling to me.

PS:   This is a terrible idea, unless you want to get COVID.  

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/sabres/stadiums-and-arenas-in-new-york-can-re-open-beginning-feb-23

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Maybe for some. Yes.
For me personally, I think 30-40% isn’t unreasonable, outrageous, irresponsible, or ignorant. 

The Pilot Program they used was Bills Stadium which had 6,700 Fans attend two playoff games in an outdoor stadium that seats 70,000 people. 

Why have more than 10 percent capacity for an indoor stadium, where there is scientific evidence that the environment of this exact stadium is favorable for transmitting the virus. 

30 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It would be embarrassing if they opened KBC up to a measly 2000 fans, and less than that showed up/bought tix...and you know what?...the Pegulas deserve to be embarrassed over and over and over again.

They won't be distributing less than the 1,690 or so they plan to let in.  (Obviously some people will have plans change last minute or test positive after they've been assigned seats, so they won't have all 1,690 in the building. But they'll end up close enough for government work.)

47 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Pilot Program they used was Bills Stadium which had 6,700 Fans attend two playoff games in an outdoor stadium that seats 70,000 people. 

Why have more than 10 percent capacity for an indoor stadium, where there is scientific evidence that the environment of this exact stadium is favorable for transmitting the virus. 

I understand all that. I do. I thought 6,700 fans in a outdoor stadium was lame too. I just do. I think 22,000-25,000 fans would have been fine in that environment too. Masks, COVID neg. test and social distancing.. yea I think it would have been fine. Oh well.

• Like (+1) 2

So let me guess, season ticket holders only?

Because if not, I'd like to purchase a 10 game pack as soon as possible.

17 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Hopefully Amerks are close behind.  I think both will sell out at 10%, especially the Chet & Muffy crowd, allows them to flex that they are already vaccinated. 

It's Chip, not Chet, but appreciate the thoughts of me 😉

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

So let me guess, season ticket holders only?

Because if not, I'd like to purchase a 10 game pack as soon as possible.

It's Chip, not Chet, but appreciate the thoughts of me 😉

Fully expecting the bolded to be the case.

They've sent surveys out to STHs asking about interest in attending under a few scenarios.

Am only expecting to be able to get seats to about 5 RS games max as a STH.  And likely only 2-3.  They only have 24 home games left and pretty sure they have at least 2 home games before the 23rd too.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They've sent surveys out to STHs asking about interest in attending under a few scenarios.

Am only expecting to be able to get seats to about 5 RS games max as a STH.  And likely only 2-3.  They only have 24 home games left and pretty sure they have at least 2 home games before the 23rd too.

Yep. Just finished my survey.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I understand all that. I do. I thought 6,700 fans in a outdoor stadium was lame too. I just do. I think 22,000-25,000 fans would have been fine in that environment too. Masks, COVID neg. test and social distancing.. yea I think it would have been fine. Oh well.

MPH? PhD in epidemiology? PhD in immunology? PhD in molecular biology?

Which one you got?

1 minute ago, Fishtree said:

MPH? PhD in epidemiology? PhD in immunology? PhD in molecular biology?

Which one you got?

Are we starting the “you don’t agree with me so instead I’m going to passive aggressively insult you to make myself and my point seem more important and valid than your opinion” stance? Because that crap has been done to death. You’re better than that. 
Reality check on opinions, You couldn’t care less about mine, and me, yours. 👍🏼 Or are we pretending our opinions matter to each other? 😂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, I'm a young 50, so there is always next decade? Lol I kid of course. And completely understand it.

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Are we starting the “you don’t agree with me so instead I’m going to passive aggressively insult you to make myself and my point seem more important and valid than your opinion” stance? Because that crap has been done to death. You’re better than that. 
Reality check on opinions, You couldn’t care less about mine, and me, yours. 👍🏼 Or are we pretending our opinions matter to each other? 😂

No, but as a scientist, it's always interesting to see non-scientists try to justify their opinions as valid based upon nothing but their feeling. I have trained plenty of PhDs, MDs, and MPHs, too.

But your opinion of safe is ... not safe. And would stand the likelihood of increasing spread through the population into people who choose not to attend. The safety choices are, by the looks of it, the best we could hope for, but it's not infallible. A PCR test can easily be negative one day but the person's already infected.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.