Is today the lowest point in franchise history?

PASabreFan

6 minutes ago, COSabreFan said:

Who wins more games, the Bills this season or Sabres next?

Only slightly kidding.

Bills.  They win an inter-conference playoff game on the road.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
My ****ing spell check makes Bills possessive.

16 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

They're also up to 17 games in a season, and still with 4 potential playoff games.

12 minutes ago, COSabreFan said:

Bills 14-3, win 2-3 playoffs for 16-17 wins.  

What will Sabres over/under wins be next season, 17-20 wins?

You both need to realise how the Bills can win "an inter-conference playoff game on the road."  😉

The ONLY thing that matters now is what is the return for Jack Eichel.

If that return is horrendous, then that day is the lowest moment in the history of the franchise.

If the Sabres are able to get:

1. Two Top 6 forwards (Ideally a 1C to build on for years) OR

2. A 1C and a top pairing RD defenseman AND

3. Future 1st round pick(s?) in 2022 or 2023

4. Goaltender to pair with UPL

Couple this with the development of Cozens and Dahlin taking the next big step under Granato, and yeah we aren't gonna win a lot next year but I can see this team still being an entertaining watch.

This is what counts. Losing Ullmark is a blow, but I truly believe they get that goaltender back in a trade somewhere.

Edited by Ruff Around The Edges

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Wait until tomorrow.

That worries me 😭. How much worse can it get? I expected it and I like the plan KA is going but I didn’t expect these contracts and players. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, fmr60 said:

This could be the worst team in Sabre's history. Hope Pegulas like what they have created. My son tells me to look at the Bills.

The key is goaltending. Back in '13-'15 we had goaltenders overperforming (to the extent we were trading them). This lineup at forward/D is better. Or at least more talented. But it's the goaltending that will tell the tale of whether we win 13 games, or 30. (edit: or 25)

Edited by DarthEbriate

This is one of the most depressing days as a Sabres fan. The grim realization of all our fears. Low end free agent signings that other teams didn't want. Can't even trade Eichel. Late signing of a 40 year old goalie... Come on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The key is goaltending. Back in '13-'15 we had goaltenders overperforming (to the extent we were trading them). This lineup at forward/D is better. Or at least more talented. But it's the goaltending that will tell the tale of whether we win 13 games, or 30. (edit: or 25)

I thought going into the draft we could have got at least a goalkeeper and another defenseman for Rhino even though he was a year out from free agency. I also thought they would sign Ulmark. Now they would have to get a haul for Jack or they have really total!y screwed up. Right now the Risto trade has been overwhelmed by negative moves. I expect Jack trade won't redeem this.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:53 PM, Kruppstahl said:

The ripped off goat head logo on that truck in Singapore is absolutely priceless.

The funny thing is all the little details are spot on.  No room for the truck company to argue it's a coincidental design IMO.

LOL

It also says Trading Services on the truck.  That’s why they can’t make a good trade, they outsourced trading to a company in Singapore!!

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

There is no ***** way this is the lowest day.

I thought that at first. No way anything could beat Black Sunday. 

Now I am second guessing. Black Sunday, the Sabres lost their best players AND matched an offer sheet for Vanek that they shouldn’t have. At least that was a contending roster that was lost. 

Todays version is a last place team shedding their best players, after a decade of no playoffs. I think this might be worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I thought that at first. No way anything could beat Black Sunday. 

Now I am second guessing. Black Sunday, the Sabres lost their best players AND matched an offer sheet for Vanek that they shouldn’t have. At least that was a contending roster that was lost. 

Todays version is a last place team shedding their best players, after a decade of no playoffs. I think this might be worse. 

I meant that it’s going to get even worse.