Sabres Covid List Cozens, Lazar and Risto off the list 2/16. Mittlestadt is the only remaining Sabre on the List

Brawndo

From Larry Brooks in the NY Post Today

The Sabres apparently were upset that they were unable to obtain information from the Devils or the league about the condition of Kyle Palmieri, who had played on Saturday, Jan. 30, but was placed on the COVID-restricted list the next day. This in the context of several Devils previously having been placed on the list. 

But the protocols agreed to by the NHL and NHLPA forbade either the Devils or the league from supplying further information to the Sabres regarding Palmieri, who might have tested positive, but who also might have been on the restricted list for contact tracing.

We’re told that the parties may revisit that policy, though it is unclear that communication of a hypothetical positive test result for Palmieri would have altered the league’s decision to go forward with the match. It undoubtedly would have generated deeper dialogue, but the Sabres would not have been able to unilaterally postpone the game.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Sabres apparently were upset that they were unable to obtain information from the Devils or the league about the condition of Kyle Palmieri, who had played on Saturday, Jan. 30, but was placed on the COVID-restricted list the next day. This in the context of several Devils previously having been placed on the list. 

But the protocols agreed to by the NHL and NHLPA forbade either the Devils or the league from supplying further information to the Sabres regarding Palmieri, who might have tested positive, but who also might have been on the restricted list for contact tracing.

We’re told that the parties may revisit that policy, though it is unclear that communication of a hypothetical positive test result for Palmieri would have altered the league’s decision to go forward with the match. It undoubtedly would have generated deeper dialogue, but the Sabres would not have been able to unilaterally postpone the game.

Yeh saw that article total BS.  If not further info then why the hell wasnt Palmeri forced to sit

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Games are postponed; Mittelstadt added Today
12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Also from Larry Brooks(same column)...

If you can point me to a more disastrous contract in the league than that of Jeff Skinner, who has one point (an assist) in 10 games this year and has recorded 24 points (14-10) in 69 games since the Sabres signed the winger to an eight-year extension worth an average annual value of $9 million per year, I am all ears.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Also from Larry Brooks(same column)...

If you can point me to a more disastrous contract in the league than that of Jeff Skinner, who has one point (an assist) in 10 games this year and has recorded 24 points (14-10) in 69 games since the Sabres signed the winger to an eight-year extension worth an average annual value of $9 million per year, I am all ears.

I was on the fence with hiring Krueger. But I was more than willing to see what he could do. But any coach playing a near elite player on the fourth line ought to be fired IMHO. 10 games is more than enough of a failed experiment. Get Skinner up there with some players that can actually benefit him.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Interesting. How can comparing the samples prove where the virus was transmitted? Doesn't one strain of the virus look the same in everyone infected?

Would expect it is more a case of ruling out other sources of transmission than "proving" it came from the other team.  Though if the Sabres and Devils both have the same strain of the virus & it is common in those infected in Jersey but not WNY it does up the odds that it was transmitted across teams.

Edited by Taro T

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I imagine one of the new variants is spreading through the league 

If that's the case they better shut it down.

23 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

It's fun to blame the Devils, but do we know that any Sabres actually are infected vs. being in quarantine? I still wonder if test results on Tuesday can reflect exposure on Saturday or Sunday.

RaKru is positive.  Not sure of players, but I would be surprised if some are not positive.

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Games are postponed; Rasmus Dahlin added Today
12 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

The moment they initiated covid protocols, the entire team and staff should have been 14 day quarantined with regular testing every day. Would have actually been the safest way to go.

This what Hammy wrote on WGR's site:

The whole team and its staff have been under quarantine since after practice Feb. 1.

Grain of salt: it's Hammy.

But if true it makes me think anyone put into protocol and announced, like Dahlin today, is positive for Covid.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't see how they play Friday, it's 4 days away and they just added another to the list today.    

What I don't understand is if everybody has been quarantining since the shutdown 8 days ago and tested daily, how did Dahlin suddenly test positive (assuming he did) today, 8 days later?  

Either they didn't actually quarantine, or haven't been tested daily.    The fact that either of those could be true is blowing my mind rn.

The only reasonable way to play again is if they go 4 or 5 days without a new positive test and get enough guys back off the list.    That could be easily be another week at this rate.

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

I can't see how they play Friday, it's 4 days away and they just added another to the list today.    

What I don't understand is if everybody has been quarantining since the shutdown 8 days ago and tested daily, how did Dahlin suddenly test positive (assuming he did) today, 8 days later?  

Either they didn't actually quarantine, or haven't been tested daily.    The fact that either of those could be true is blowing my mind rn.

The only reasonable way to play again is if they go 4 or 5 days without a new positive test and get enough guys back off the list.    That could be easily be another week at this rate.

Incubation period is 2-14 days.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.