GDT: 2/2/21 6pm ET, Buffalo at NY Islanders is POSTPONED

jsb

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Serious question. If I have close contact with someone who tests positive for Covid, I have to quarantine for 14 days. How are the Sabres playing a game tomorrow? And how would they have played tonight, presumably, if it hadn't snowed 10 feet in NYC?

I don't think the game is postponed due to the Sabres being in close contact with a positive someone.  It is due to the travel plans being changed due to the snow storm.  Therefore, the travel was not within the mandated 24 hour prior to game time rule.

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Serious question. If I have close contact with someone who tests positive for Covid, I have to quarantine for 14 days. How are the Sabres playing a game tomorrow? And how would they have played tonight, presumably, if it hadn't snowed 10 feet in NYC?

The Sabres have to do the contact tracing to see who had close contact and who did not.

1 hour ago, Cascade Youth said:

Sabres are furious with the league and NJ per Vogl.

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

They should be.

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

Lol, sabres... furious. Ha!

As Marvin says, they should be.  Here's the pertinent part of the article:

The Sabres believe they were forced to take unnecessary risks. Their radar went up when Zajac was added to the protocol list Friday. When Palmieri played Saturday and went on the list Sunday, the Sabres wanted answers from the league and the Devils. They didn't get any and had to play. It turns out they played against five Devils who are now sitting out.

Buffalo feels it has taken adequate precautions this season but was forced into a dangerous situation by playing Sunday.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't think the game is postponed due to the Sabres being in close contact with a positive someone.  It is due to the travel plans being changed due to the snow storm.  Therefore, the travel was not within the mandated 24 hour prior to game time rule.

No, it's definitely COVID and has been reported as such.

Sincerely hoping no one additional was infected.

Shut it down. It's that simple really. You have players (Washington) known to have broken protocols with at least one infected, you've had several teams now with players testing positive, you have a schedule with multiple games in a 7 day stretch where clearly testing is useless given the time constraints. And this is to mention a few of the hurdles being dealt with.

From watching multiple family members go through covid, admittedly with varying degrees of impact, but impact none the less, combined with the larger knowns to date on the apparent inability to truly target how it will affect each individual, the only correct course of action is to shut it down until a more secure way of ensuring safety, both to the players and, to the larger public by means of incidental contact via travel, etc. etc. can be done with greater certainty than they are now. Because the protocols they are working with now clearly are not working with a degree of success satisfactory enough to warrant the sport be played, imho.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.