Practice Lines: 2/1/2021

LGR4GM

31 minutes ago, LTS said:

Good god let it be that they want Casey to look good so they can trade him...

That's all I have at this point.

I may be in the minority, but I actually thought he looked good.   Quicker, lighter on his feet, getting after the puck.     

He's been a good student so RK moved him to the front of the class, just like Skinn.. wait a minute.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Ralph wants out. He’s openly trying to get fired

Nah. That'd be starting Hutton exclusively, breaking up McCabe-Ristolainen, and moving Olofsson off the PP. 🍺

Just now, pi2000 said:

I may be in the minority, but I actually thought he looked good.   Quicker, lighter on his feet, getting after the puck.     

He's been a good student so RK moved him to the front of the class, just like Skinn.. wait a minute.

Yesterday, he was an upgrade from Thompson for certain.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You know how I know Krueger is full of *****?

Okposo has failed my "eye-test" with flying colors so far this year. I can't think of a single shift of his that I've been impressed with. All I've seen are weak clearing attempts on his back-hand, or skating the puck in over the line, hitting the breaks and then just dumping it in instead of making a play. He looks like he's too slow for the league. I thought it was a bad idea to give him an A when it happened and that looks like an even bigger joke now (assuming there's some stigma of sending one of your captains for a taxi-ride).

A quick look at the stats sheet tells me that of all the Sabres to play 1 game so far this season, only Kyle (5 gp) and Asplund (1gp) have yet to register a point.

I assumed that "3rd" line would be a shutdown line but those stats say otherwise. 

If it was up to me our 3rd line would be:

Skinner - Lazar- Mitts/Tage

and the 4th would be a combination of:

Reider - Eakin- Sheahan/Okposo

But what the hell do I know?

It's also amazed me the 4th line is the only one that hasn't been tweaked yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You know how I know Krueger is full of *****?

I seriously question wtf their analytics department does.  Don't they have 3 or 4 guys who's only job is to look at these types of corsi stats and advise the coach?  

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

I seriously question wtf their analytics department does.  Don't they have 3 or 4 guys who's only job is to look at these types of corsi stats and advise the coach?  

Between Eakins and Jack Quinn > Rossi they've proven that department either doesn't exist or is ignored.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Derrico said:

You are talking about an analytics department that let them trade for Frolic and Simmonds while also letting Kahun and Larsson go. They either suck or they aren't listened to much. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

It does seem odd that guys are going from the taxi squad to the 1st line and back.  I suppose the theory is that they are "skill" guys?  Skinner had 40 when he played on Jack's line.  Skinner is struggling to score.  Jack's line is struggling to score.  Might be time to give it a try for more than a random shift or two.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

You are talking about an analytics department that let them trade for Frolic and Simmonds while also letting Kahun and Larsson go. They either suck or they aren't listened to much. 

But but but wasn’t Nightingale suppose to be a genius? Man how this franchise can be wrong on so many guys (players, coaches, management) for so long is true my baffling.  

Skinner scored 40 because he was cleaning everything up around the net from Jack.      Sure they had a bit of a dry spell for a stretch there, but there was instant chemistry from the get go.

He's not a shooter, he doesn't generate much on his own, he's very one dimensional but that one dimension is burying everything around the net.    Pair him with a guy like Jack who drives offensive / creates chances, and you give yourself the best chance to max out the $9m/yr you're giving him.      Why is this so hard?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Skinner scored 40 because he was cleaning everything up around the net from Jack.      Sure they had a bit of a dry spell for a stretch there, but there was instant chemistry from the get go.

He's not a shooter, he doesn't generate much on his own, he's very one dimensional but that one dimension is burying everything around the net.    Pair him with a guy like Jack who drives offensive / creates chances, and you give yourself the best chance to max out the $9m/yr you're giving him.      Why is this so hard?

Because you’re not spreading the scoring among the lines.  Get with the program or RK is going to put you on the taxi squad.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nucci said:

you go from sitting out to 1st line and then back out. This is nuts

He's in that spot because Reinhart is expected to play next game; just like last time.  And if Sam can't go, Mittelstadt will find himself on the 4th line while Skinner & Hall end up the LW's on the top 2 lines; just like last time.

• Like (+1) 3

Eakin hasn’t been bad. Only Okposo cratered that line. And that’s how it looks on the ice too.  Zero credibility about earning minutes as long as Okposo is playing over anyone else, including Lazar

Mittelstadt played well no doubt. But I still think Skinner outplayed him for sure.  Why Skinner isn’t at least on the third line is a stubborn coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.