GDT: 1/31/21 1pm ET, NJ Devils at Buffalo, MSG, NHL Network, WGR

jsb

5 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This team is in so much trouble. They have been extremely lucky to get any points  vs the worst teams in their division. Wait until they actually face good goaltending and good teams again while getting one goal if they're lucky each game. The top four teams in this conference will crush them every single night

This is so ridiculous I don’t even know how to respond. 

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Remember folks, I am still taking applications for the Angry Sabres’ Fan Bandwagon.  

@LGR4GM and @Gatorman0519 thank you for applying. Your memberships have been approved.

As long as the bandwagon is running Mr and Mrs Moneybags over and over and over again, I’m in.  So sick of the Pegula era.  Just sell the freaking team.  I don’t care who buys it.  I really don’t.  😞

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Curt said:

This sounds nice, but doesn’t actually work.  Players don’t work hard for a coach who doesn’t care about them or a coach who they hate.  The coach needs to help create an environment where the players are all working hard for the coach and for each other.  It’s a mindset thing.

They've had all sorts of coaches who tried this or that to motivate them or create chemistry in the room but they have not brought in a guy who knows how to turn around a team quickly.

Those types come in and get results, I don't think they coddle the players but rather show them how their hard work will lead to winning hockey.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Eakin, Rieder, Sheahan, and Irwin are contributing as they can.  In another month they will morph into “Sabres” and then they will really start to suck.  Something seems to suck the life out of whoever come here. 

Once again we got nothing out of Eichel, Dahlin, Skinner, Hall ... 

The Devils took 3 points out of 4 and they look like a less talented but much harder working team.  

Yep.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

How dare you besmirch the good name of Ron Rolston! 🍺

Wow! Remember that hiring???? That may just have been the worst of the worst! I never understood what they saw in him that screamed: "Yup, this is our guy!". Now that was brutality and is he even involved in hockey anymore??? 

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The Sabres gonna Sabres and Devils gonna Devil point is that every bad team's fans say that (after allowing a team they're absolutely dominating to tie it up). But --- one team today wasn't going to fold.

Yeah, I know. 'Sabres gonna Sabres' was 'my' reference to the constant last second goals allowed and finding ways to constantly break the collective hearts of their fans. They are even beyond 'Bills drought' frustrating.

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

This team needs passion, it needs killer instinct, it needs hear and soul play imho. They lack it, those players that give it their all.

But, they aren't far off from being a playoff contender.

I agree with the passion but I also think this team is soft.  They can't play hard because they are not in as good of shape as other teams.

That's on the coaches and the player leadership.

Just now, Curt said:

I think there is something physically wrong with him.

He's playing weak.  No more excuses for him.  I know he has had a tough deal not even playing in a playoff game but come on and work.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Well we are getting near 10 games and I think we are seeing what this team is.  A .500 team at best with no heart, no goaltending, and terrible coaching. The Islanders are going to destroy this team.  

Yes, but as the season goes this mentally weak team will drop to .450. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Yes, but as the season goes this mentally weak team will drop to .450. 

Probably.  It’s hard to fathom going 10 years without competitive hockey.  The flyers made a run, rebuilt, and are making a run again in the same time period.  We are so badly mismanaged and coached.  

• Like (+1) 2

The core of the team is rotten, and the HC, GM and owners don’t see it, or don’t want to admit it. 

Unfortunately, with a green GM, and a motivational speaker as your HC, I don’t trust them to try and pull off a trade involving any of the core. 

I’m really not sure what the next move should be as long as Adams is the GM? 😞

IT REALLY SUCKS BEING A SABRES FAN...AND HAS BEEN THAT WAY FOR 10+ YEARS NOW. 😡

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.