GDT: 1/31/21 1pm ET, NJ Devils at Buffalo, MSG, NHL Network, WGR

jsb

1 minute ago, eman said:

Wasn't that coach Phil Housley??? I'll take Gerard Gallant. Tough nosed, take no #### and willing to bench ###### if the effort isn't there. I'll take old school. 

I’ve been saying Gallant since when he got fired from Florida. It’s a no brainer right now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, jad1 said:

It's a Lindy Ruff team.  Not the most talented, but the effort is always there.

It's characteristic of dinosaur, re-tread coaches.  The first thing they address is team effort.  Once you get high energy from the roster night after night, the other problems work themselves out.

Nobody gets high energy night after night.

1 minute ago, eman said:

Wasn't that coach Phil Housley??? I'll take Gerard Gallant. Tough nosed, take no #### and willing to bench ###### if the effort isn't there. I'll take old school. 

Yes this is what I'm talking about, a coach that doesn't care about your feelings just winning. They've had everything else

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eman said:

Phil was not the man for the job.  I did not like the hire

• Like (+1) 1

This team is in so much trouble. They have been extremely lucky to get any points  vs the worst teams in their division. Wait until they actually face good goaltending and good teams again while getting one goal if they're lucky each game. The top four teams in this conference will crush them every single night

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

The problem is and has been coaching.  Since the guy on the other side of the ice left.

The absolute truth. There is talent here. This organisation has done a horrendous job of choosing the right coach. These next 4 games will show what this team is and I kind of expect things to get ugly. Islanders for 2 and I believe the Bruins will eat this club alive in the 2 games after that.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.