GDT: 1/31/21 1pm ET, NJ Devils at Buffalo, MSG, NHL Network, WGR

jsb

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Keep shooting at him and you win the game. He let in two in short order and his confidence is gone.

There's a resaon why he isn't a regular in the NHL.

This.

This game isn’t over yet.

All the criticisms above are well-deserved but there is still time to wipe them out.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

We were told Dahlin was a generational player

And I say we've got to stop listening to scouting reports who proclaim there are 2 or 3 players with generational skills each season while hunting for clicks.

Generations (like in real world -- there's another thread that got off topic with this) are defined later after looking at the body of work. Dahlin is too young to determine yet. Eichel is no McDavid who's got the best chance at it.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

This.

This game isn’t over yet.

All the criticisms above are well-deserved but there is still time to wipe them out.

To be honest, if I'm betting, I'm betting on a Sabres win. Gotta get 1 or 2 guys in front of the net and shoot from everywhere. He lets out rebounds and has trouble following the puck. Sabres score one early and I'm the Devils' coach, I'd yank him.

1 minute ago, klos1963 said:

really can't be blamed on any of the goals today. He's not the problem today.

In fairness, they have hung him out to dry but he's not good either. He's barely serviceable. That rebound to end the second period was inexcusable.

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

And I say we've got to stop listening to scouting reports who proclaim there are 2 or 3 players with generational skills each season while hunting for clicks.

Generations (like in real world -- there's another thread that got off topic with this) are defined later after looking at the body of work. Dahlin is too young to determine yet. Eichel is no McDavid who's got the best chance at it.

Please stop trying to use the dictionary definition of generational.  Hockey uses the term to mean better than “elite”. The elite of the elite.  A franchise changing player.  The face of your team. It isn’t used to mean the best player for 15.6 years or whatever the dictionary deems a generation.  

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

He's not that either.

Jack or Rasmus?  Because I’ve lost track of who anyone is talking about.  Neither is generational or at this point elite.  I want players I can root for.  Currently that list is Curtis Lazar.  The rest of these guys on piss on in an alley. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Biron talking about Casey’s good play. 

He and Lazar been among the few bright spots IMO

6 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

The criticisms remain. They play like crap, repeatedly. So they pull out a win against the Devils. Great. Grand. Wonderful. Until they fix these underlying issues it's just masking the problem.

The goal is to win hockey games.

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Please stop trying to use the dictionary definition of generational.  Hockey uses the term to mean better than “elite”. The elite of the elite.  A franchise changing player.  The face of your team. It isn’t used to mean the best player for 15.6 years or whatever the dictionary deems a generation.  

Eichel and Dahlin were never generational in the real sense of the term. It means clearly the best in the world over an extended period, doing things others don’t do.

There’s been maybe 10 of them ever.

11 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

A generational player needs to be the best player in the league. Eichel isn't the best player in his division and there are plenty of nights he's not the best player on his own team.

Plenty of nights he is. This year, there seems to be something slightly off with him. Like JAs shoulder sling for the Bills. Slightly threw off his motion and led to his worst football all season. When the sling came off, JA went off. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.