Is Eichel playing injured?

Bart

7 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I’m sorry, but I think there is something else going on. Injured? Ya maybe. In an interview Granato said something weird, like Jack is in a safe space or place or something. Sounded odd. Maybe 8m reading too much into it, but I’m suspicious this is something else. And you are right about h8m just being gone, it’s strange. 

After a decade of crap, I’m in for a good conspiracy theory.  C’mon Jack...what’s up?

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Interesting, is there a specific article/quotes/a story you are referring to?

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Everything tangible/believable I've ever ready about Eichel suggests he's humble and reserved - that if his leadership was lacking, it wouldn't be because he's an arrogant douche, but because he's too quiet/unsure. 

But I'd be interested to hear where  you got this from! 

Sorry - this is not from published sources. I had one second hand and still have one third-hand connection to people who interact(ed) with Sabre players in team-related off-ice settings. So, take this with a big grain of salt. I’m skeptical, myself - as per usual.

I continue to think that the team’s problems don’t actually involve having an undisputed stud 1C.

• Like (+1) 1

IMO, Eichel doesn't seem to be captain material at the NHL level. Great talent, yes, leader, sure doesn't seem like it.

Neck injury, sure, I seen when he got his neck folded up, looked painful, but the broken rib, was what over 4 months ago, not buying that excuse anymore.

Just hope he comes back and plays at the level he did last year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ross Rhea said:

IMO, Eichel doesn't seem to be captain material at the NHL level. Great talent, yes, leader, sure doesn't seem like it.

Neck injury, sure, I seen when he got his neck folded up, looked painful, but the broken rib, was what over 4 months ago, not buying that excuse anymore.

Just hope he comes back and plays at the level he did last year.

I cracked my ribs two years ago while playing beer league hockey. I couldn’t even play for three months due to pain when I breathed hard, and wasn’t normal until six months later. And that was without checking.

40 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So they say 

No. We're not doing this conspiracy theory *****. Eichel is injured, it's why he went to Colorado for a second opinion. Everyone knows it's literally true. I'm not playing this "well they claim that but" nonsense that infects most of the rest of the internet. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I cracked my ribs two years ago while playing beer league hockey. I couldn’t even play for three months due to pain when I breathed hard, and wasn’t normal until six months later. And that was without checking.

I cracked a rib playing hockey in my youth. I was on the ice after 2 weeks but breathing was painful. I was good in about 2 months. Obviously they vary, but I was never in as good shape as these pros are so idk. Again, the secrecy leads to rumour and then conspiracy. The organization don't care what we think. 

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I’m sorry, but I think there is something else going on. Injured? Ya maybe. In an interview Granato said something weird, like Jack is in a safe space or place or something. Sounded odd. Maybe 8m reading too much into it, but I’m suspicious this is something else. And you are right about h8m just being gone, it’s strange. 

I think the truth is they thought eichel might need surgery. They are relieved he won't. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

His injury. 

His neck? Or his rib? 

Now that ive looked into this I’m not sure. Not to push the point too much, but it was a neck injury at first, then a person close to the team who would not be identified said it was rib or ribs? 

Did someone come out and clarify this? 

Probably just the super secret NHL culture. 

7 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

His neck? Or his rib? 

Both, supposedly he has had a rib injury for near or prior to the season’s start. 

He is a world class athlete but a rib injury could make even the fittest player have breathing trouble. No matter how powerful his lungs are, if it hurts to breathe, it’s going to make it difficult to do anything. 

Add to that a later neck or shoulder injury and suddenly it becomes too much for even the most pain tolerant of people.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

His neck? Or his rib? 

Now that ive looked into this I’m not sure. Not to push the point too much, but it was a neck injury at first, then a person close to the team who would not be identified said it was rib or ribs? 

Did someone come out and clarify this? 

Probably just the super secret NHL culture. 

He has two injuries one is too his ribs that supposedly happened just b4 the season. 

The other is to his neck or upper back and that one was why he went to Colorado and there was talk he might need surgery. Since he didn't get surgery we can all be relieved. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ubkev said:

If you don't have to talk to the media, don't talk to the media.

This.  I don’t think any player would talk to the media if they were not contractually obligated to do so.

And just because he hasn’t appeared for a public flogging doesn’t mean that he hasn’t been in contact with the team.

4 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Like what?  Honestly, if you can’t even come up with a reasonable conspiracy theory then what are you even talking about?

He missed training camp time with an injury, he looked injured when he was playing, and now they are saying that he has multiple injuries.  If you aren’t going to believe that at least give a plausible alternative.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Curt said:

Like what?  Honestly, if you can’t even come up with a reasonable conspiracy theory then what are you even talking about?

He missed training camp time with an injury, he looked injured when he was playing, and now they are saying that he has multiple injuries.  If you aren’t going to believe that at least give a plausible alternative.

Lol, a reasonable conspiracy theory? 

Ok! I think he is pregnant and is off to have the baby. Prove me wrong! 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Lol, a reasonable conspiracy theory? 

Ok! I think he is pregnant and is off to have the baby. Prove me wrong! 

Boy can’t get pregnant.  Hah!

Seriously though, I don’t understand why you would accuse him of not really being injured.  That’s all.

7 hours ago, COSabreFan said:

How about he get on a zoom call just once, address the coaching change, make support the boys still here, address his progress, etc.

I really don't think that's is place right now.

He already has a reputation as s coach killer, just lay low.

7 hours ago, COSabreFan said:

im not saying he needs to be in locker room everyday, speak to media everyday.  I think wherever he is, to get on a Zoom call at least one time to address anything is not to much to ask a Captain/face of franchise player. 

I just don't why you think that.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

After a decade of crap, I’m in for a good conspiracy theory.  C’mon Jack...what’s up?

Jack was playing injured the whole season.  The rest of the team knew it and to keep him from hurrying back from the neck thing (on top of the rib thing) they've purposely lost every game since to make sure Jack doesn't feel the need to come back until he's fully healed next season.  There.  So now you know.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No. We're not doing this conspiracy theory *****. Eichel is injured, it's why he went to Colorado for a second opinion. Everyone knows it's literally true. I'm not playing this "well they claim that but" nonsense that infects most of the rest of the internet. 

....so you say....

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.