Is Eichel playing injured?

Bart

14 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

I was just going to post this.  Saw same thing.  

But I think he said "right before the season started."

Wasn't he hurt at practice the week before the first game?

This is something you’d need to ask Ralph. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, pi2000 said:

In the Rangers pre-game Joe Micheletti mentioned Eichel had a cracked rib entering training camp. 

Cracked rib is debilitating for about six weeks and would explain his play early on, as well as lack of fitness.

I very much hope that’s the case, not apathy.

9 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

This is something you’d need to ask Ralph. 😂

RK: well you see the injury at the time you see uh the uh player in question entering training camp obviously not an ideal situation certainly we uh the region um where the injury occured  uh the skating and conditioing getting the player fit what happened earlier before training camp not really say what you think the issue might what uh you feel to be a typical thing where the impact of the movement and the uh lack of the attention we felt it would be best to uh you see thats how it affected the player where if you look at it from the team the ability to uh what the idea where if that who the player is if we uh felt it best for Jack and the team if he couldn't go but the uh warmups if bodily region where we felt if the player did he could but not we couldn't feel if the team did what who where said he if went...

Jack: i broke a rib

• Haha (+1) 2

If you don’t want to be forthcoming about the injury, and said injury is making you look like you don’t give a ***** on the ice, than maybe it’s time to get off the ice until it is healed. 

...and if your crappy play is not a result of an injury, then get the f*** out of here. 😡

So ... I’m just throwing it out there ... collectively we are to believe a report out of New York City… about Eichel. But not believe anything coming out of the Buffalo New York area. 

so is this a case of wanting to believe all negative, conspiracy theory, hiding injury type of situation?

Meh ... In a way, I kind of don’t believe this report, just as much as I don’t believe a report coming out of RK’s lips. Frankly I don’t know what to believe. even from Eichel himself. 

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So ... I’m just throwing it out there ... collectively we are to believe a report out of New York City… about Eichel. But not believe anything coming out of the Buffalo New York area. 

so is this a case of wanting to believe all negative, conspiracy theory, hiding injury type of situation?

Meh ... In a way, I kind of don’t believe this report, just as much as I don’t believe a report coming out of RK’s lips. Frankly I don’t know what to believe. even from Eichel himself. 

Considering Eichel and the coach are saying different things about his injury, local reporters are not saying much of anything...owners and GM also saying nothing....yes, I don't believe anything coming out of Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

The way Joe said it so matter of factly feels like it's most likely the truth.   

Maybe it came from Eichel's camp.  If he wants to be a Ranger, perhaps they felt it best to inform their media exactly why he's been struggling this season.

45 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

The way Joe said it so matter of factly feels like it's most likely the truth.   

Maybe it came from Eichel's camp.  If he wants to be a Ranger, perhaps they felt it best to inform their media exactly why he's been struggling this season.

If true, he is dead to me. Completely subversive, opportunistic and looking to seize upon the recent miscommunications from RK about the most recent injury.  I truly hope this is not the case.  
funny or die conspiracy GIF by gethardshow

1 hour ago, Gabrielor said:

I've heard it's multiple injuries. Jack really should be on IR, but he's trying to push through it.

I have heard the same, His Ankle Injury versus NJ was the latest.

He wants to be out there for The Team and is doing everything he can to keep playing. 

This includes renting ice time by himself in the mornings at local rinks to keep in shape when the Team Facilities including Harborcenter were closed during the COVID Shutdown. Players and coaches were not allowed in person contact during the shutdown.

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He wants to be out their for The Team and is doing everything he can to keep playing. 

This includes renting ice time by himself in the mornings at local rinks to keep  when the Team Facilities including Harborcenter were closed during the COVID Shutdown. Players and coaches were not allowed in person contact during the shutdown.

I need to hear this stuff.

Anything to explain his on-ice play that doesn't add up to "checked out."

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He wants to be out their for The Team and is doing everything he can to keep playing. 

This includes renting ice time by himself in the mornings at local rinks to keep  when the Team Facilities including Harborcenter were closed during the COVID Shutdown. Players and coaches were not allowed in person contact during the shutdown.

I trust you, am relieved that I don't need to fully adopt a view that I was increasingly worried about - that Jack is checked out, and has quit on us. 

This understanding helps square away what I see on the ice - it makes a lot more sense. 

And hopefully it means he isn't ready to leave just yet. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.