Is Eichel playing injured?

Bart

Something changed this off-season, I believe he's mentally and emotionally checked out of Buffalo.   Listening to his Spitin Chicklets interview from a month ago or so, he sounds just very aloof and whatnot, cussing, just seemed very out of character.... like he's reached the IDGAF point. 

He's the captain and he's had what, 1 or 2, post game pressers?  Something ain't right.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

I'm well into wading the waters of trading Jack and pretty much everyone.  Literally everyone including that other "generational" player we're running in Dahlin.  

We've run out of coaches to blame.  

I'm there as well. I'm not near smart enough to know what the correct combination of moves would be, but I am by now open to any and all changes, which certainly includes a sale of the franchise by the current owners. I'm not holding my breath on that one. I'm just saying - nothing's off limits in my mind anymore.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:02 PM, Cal Naughton Jr said:

As soon as he cuts that mop on top of his head all will be fine

On 1/30/2021 at 10:17 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

He’s less aerodynamic.  The weight of his hair throws off his shooting accuracy too.

His current poodle cut is so bad I might actually recommend he go back to the Thompson Twins cut he was rocking last year.

dog_poodle-standard_mobile.jpg?h=300&la=

jack-eichel-of-the-buffalo-sabres-poses-

thompson-twins-l-r-alannah-currie-joe-le

usa_today_14141343.0.jpg

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Obviously. He missed games and has come back and is not the same Jack Eichel. 

Playing injured 

To me the question is more so was Eichel playing injured prior to the recent ankle ailment. 

That seemed to be a common thought and I admit to putting stock in the fact Krueger outright said he wasn’t. 

The fact he’s very likely lying with this recent episode really throws that whole argument out the window. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

To me the question is more so was Eichel playing injured prior to the recent ankle ailment. 

That seemed to be a common thought and I admit to putting stock in the fact Krueger outright said he wasn’t. 

The fact he’s very likely lying with this recent episode really throws that whole argument out the window. 

Yes, no way he has fallen this far without some other issue affecting him 

On 2/2/2021 at 9:36 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

We threw away 5+ seasons for Jack and Rasmus II.  We can't trade them now.

Both of them will be fine.  Jack starts the season(s) slowly and gets into game shape as he goes.  Rasmus II will be a generational Dman for years to come.  He is 20 years old!!

I don’t think this is true about Jack.  Not at all.

52 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t think this is true about Jack.  Not at all.

Jack is a known gym rat and looks pretty cut and strong in the various weight lifting videos I've seen.

This is not a function of being out of shape, even though Ralph Krueger claimed that (along with everything else) in the last few days.

I do think he's injured, to some minor extent, but more so, his spirit is broken.

He mailed it in yesterday against the Flyers and is making plenty of mental mistakes, which really can't be blamed on a physical injury.

12 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I do think he's injured, to some minor extent, but more so, his spirit is broken.

He mailed it in yesterday against the Flyers and is making plenty of mental mistakes, which really can't be blamed on a physical injury.

But the question this brings up is does his fragile broken spirit break the team's?

I was bemused over the current Buffalo News headline "searching for answers....".  Correct me if I am wrong, but do we not see that headline EVERY SINGLE SEASON. 

21 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Jack is a known gym rat and looks pretty cut and strong in the various weight lifting videos I've seen.

This is not a function of being out of shape, even though Ralph Krueger claimed that (along with everything else) in the last few days.

I think the idea is that he suffered an injury in training during the offseason that really hampered his ability to prepare for the season.  He hasn’t looked right from the very first game, a time when there should have been lots of hope for a good season, so I believe that he has been injured.  It just makes too much sense, and it’s been said publicly.

At this point, he may be mentally checking out too though.

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Josh Allen won over the fan base by winning games.

Jack Eichel, well you know the rest.

There are leadership qualities that Allen possesses.  When they talk about him its like he's a brother, a guy they want in the foxhole, the guy leading the charge etc.  After losses he goes to almost every player on the bench and makes sure they got their head on straight for the next one, same with playoff losses.  Hell, he makes sure that the guys don't get too high after a win as much as he makes sure they aren't too low after a loss.  It's a sense of, we will be back, and we WILL win.

Nobody seems to say that stuff about Jack.  He doesn't seem to lead at all at least from any discernable way on the ice.

Edited by Drag0nDan

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Josh Allen won over the fan base by winning games.

Jack Eichel, well you know the rest.

Apples to oranges, Beane and McD to Botterill, Murray, Adams, and Krueger. And a QB has a much higher individual impact on the game than a single F even the 1C. The bills are competently built, the Sabres are not. And JE when considering the entirety of his career thus far has statistically outperformed JA relative to their field. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.