GDT: 1/28/21 7pm ET, NY Rangers at Buffalo, MSG & WGR

jsb

1 hour ago, jsb said:

For some of those Sabrespacers like our Peach State member who continue to not trust this Sabres team and seem to have been jaded and hurt and their posts just seem so angry especially lately we really do hope this year continues to move forward in a positive direction and that you can eventually say "I'm not angry anymore".

LETS GO BUFFALO

lol

excellent write-up. Go Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

8 games = ⅐th of the season. 9 points in 8 games pace gets you the playoffs.

It's close, but not quite there.  Need 9.6/8 on average to hit that mythical 96 point pace / 80 or 98 point pace through 82 that pretty much guarantees playoffs.  But it is darn close.  😉

Sabres PR needs to be credited in the OP. That's where the text came from.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

It's close, but not quite there.  Need 9.6/8 on average to hit that mythical 96 point pace / 80 or 98 point pace through 82 that pretty much guarantees playoffs.  But it is darn close.  😉

Is this kind of response really necessary? 96 points is indeed mythical. PTR was darn close enough to not need challenging. Like you say, though, ON BRAND!

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I'm trying to do the math in my head. In a closed 8 team division .500 should be the dividing line between 4th and 5th place. But the OTL point throws a wrench in that. 63 is 7 better than .500 this year.  Is that enough?

The Rangers will be desperate, like they were in the 3rd period, to get a win.  I am sure many of their veterans do not want to fall behind “lowly Buffalo”.  

Tonight will tell us a lot about this team.  We need to play a complete 60 minutes and show that we have improved.  I think we can fill their net with pucks and win convincingly.  

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm trying to do the math in my head. In a closed 8 team division .500 should be the dividing line between 4th and 5th place. But the OTL point throws a wrench in that. 63 is 7 better than .500 this year.  Is that enough?

Instead of doing math the Sabres should simply win the remaining games on their schedule. Easiest way into the post-season in my eyes.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

63 probably doesn't get it done.  67 will likely be the make or break mark.  68 or more almost definitely gets in.  67 or less and you'd better hope somebody that should be good had injury issues.

And, you nailed it with that loser point throwing the monkey wrench into what should be a simple 'end up better than 0.500 and you're nearly assured being in, miss it and miss the dance.'

Edited by Taro T

29 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Sabres PR needs to be credited in the OP. That's where the text came from.

Is this kind of response really necessary? 96 points is indeed mythical. PTR was darn close enough to not need challenging. Like you say, though, ON BRAND!

Why, yes, once again, you are.  🍺

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

They'll make point-6 past playoffs. They may not look like much, but they've got it where it counts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.