matter2003

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Gen Z, iGen, or Centennials: Born 1996 – TBD

Millennials or Gen Y: Born 1977 – 1995

Generation X: Born 1965 – 1976

Baby Boomers: Born 1946 – 1964

Traditionalists or Silent Generation: Born 1945 and before

yea, I’m a Gen X ‘er 

I think Xers are a bit broader than that.

39 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Couldn’t find the RaKru system thread, so I’ll plunk this here:

And that chart supports what we're seeing for the Sabres.  Except for the 1st game (and particularly the 1st period of that game) and some odd stretches w/in the other games, the Sabres have been as good or better than their opponents as far as carrying the play.  But the Sabres bury fewer of their ES chances & the goalies have had 1-2 bad goals let in nearly every game.

If that's "puck luck" the Sabres should be poised to go on a tear.  If it's due to the Sabres goalies not being good enough, we'll likely see them hover around 0.500 all season or just below.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Zamboni said:

10 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Nope.   The "baby bust" was pretty short lived (in relative terms).

I'm putting X more toward 1980, is all. I don't place millennials in the 70s, either.

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And that chart supports what we're seeing for the Sabres.  Except for the 1st game (and particularly the 1st period of that game) and some odd stretches w/in the other games, the Sabres have been as good or better than their opponents as far as carrying the play.  But the Sabres bury fewer of their ES chances & the goalies have had 1-2 bad goals let in nearly every game.

If that's "puck luck" the Sabres should be poised to go on a tear.  If it's due to the Sabres goalies not being good enough, we'll likely see them hover around 0.500 all season or just below.

As do the other analytics. There is no way to be ranked that high in virtually every analytic category without being a pretty good team. When they get some puck luck they could go on a run and potentially start dominating teams.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And that chart supports what we're seeing for the Sabres. 

Agreed. It's nice when the stats line up with what you're seeing, or what you think you're seeing, anyway. It does surprise me a bit that the quality of shots surrendered is so low -- they just seem scrambly or sloppy at times (maybe just inopportune times).

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Agreed. It's nice when the stats line up with what you're seeing, or what you think you're seeing, anyway. It does surprise me a bit that the quality of shots surrendered is so low -- they just seem scrambly or sloppy at times (maybe just inopportune times).

They do seem "scrambly" at times, but they really aren't giving up those shots from the slot nearly as often as in years past.  Miller's shot w/ 6 or so seconds left in the 1st should've been harmless & the type of shot that you don't mind too much giving up.  (Ideally, you don't want to give up any, but that's not happening & a fairly unscreened shot from right at the BL should be stopped 99+ times out of 100.)

Even last year's team would've let that goal sink them.  They fought back & after the game the Rags studio analyst was saying he knew they were going to lose when the 3rd period started.  Nice to be on the opposite side of that for once, though unlike him, yours truly wasn't close to convinced the Sabres would definitely kill off Hall's penalty. 

27 minutes ago, Curt said:

Where are you getting your generally “accepted” information from?  I agree with @That Aud Smell

https://genhq.com/faq-info-about-generations/

https://www.parents.com/parenting/better-parenting/style/generation-names-and-years-a-cheat-sheet-for-parents/

https://www.careerplanner.com/Career-Articles/Generations.cfm

http://www.wmfc.org/uploads/GenerationalDifferencesChart.pdf

There are some slight differences depending on what source, but it’s generally the same. Meh, believe or go by whatever source one feels comfortable with 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Previously, I think it was. Back in the 90s-00s it seemed like Gen X went well into the '80s. And it's been shrinking/being pushed earlier ever since.

15 hours ago, Zamboni said:

After the dark times, have been immersed in Star Wars as cultural norm since the Special Editions: Born 1996 – TBD

Grew up on Star Wars on VHS: Born 1977 – 1995

Remember Star Wars in theaters: Born 1965 – 1976

Created Star Wars and purchased it for their kids: Born 1946 – 1964

Wars were World-Based and not Star-Based: Born 1945 and before

The list may not look like much, but it follows a timeline. I made some special modifications myself.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Gen Z, iGen, or Centennials: Born 1996 – TBD

Baby Boomers: Born 1946 – 1964

Traditionalists or Silent Generation: Born 1945 and before

yea, I’m a Gen X ‘er 

Millennials are 1982 -1997. Old enough to remember 9/11. Young enough to remember the NES or PS1 or Sega Genesis.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.