GDT: 1/24/21 3pm ET, Buffalo at Washington, MSG & ESPN 1520

jsb

PP and the big guns came through so we squeak a win thanks to Ullmark. 

Good to see Staal finally show up. Hope that's a sign of things to come and not just a one off. 

Net presence still a huge problem (both ends) as always. 

Why was Cozens out and Mitts in? Seems weird that a guy scores his first NHL goal and you reward him with being taken out of the line up. I don't get that unless he had an issue I missed.  

Gutted out a good win. Its about time. Aside from his goal really not impressed with Stall. Noticed what look like lazy clearing attempts that turn into giveaways. Maybe he is at the end of a long shift. Seems to happen often. Dahlin looks good down low creating chaos. Someone threw it out there that maybe he should play forward. Not sure about that but he looks comfortable in the offensive end.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

So happy for Linus.

Two weak goals in regulation but he battled back so hard to be unbelievable in OT and ice in the shootout.

And maybe the shootout will take the monkey off Jack’s back.

That OT session was exciting from the start to the end. Jack has some jets but Hall is also a turbo skater. 

Just a general observation that will irritate the despondent crowd: Other than the first game there was no game in which I thought we were outplayed. I'm not saying that we were the superior team but I'm also not saying that we were the inferior team. 

Once Hall and Jack break it loose we will be back in the hunt. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1.  Regarding the last game, as with today, I don’t get how a couple 1v0 plays at the end of the game changes how people think about the previous 65 minutes.

2. I’m normally not the negative one, but I thought the Sabres look like garbage out there. Unforced turnovers on a slew of passes, passes deflecting off of sticks everywhere, they really look like they had little skill compared to the caps.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.