GDT: 1/24/21 3pm ET, Buffalo at Washington, MSG & ESPN 1520

jsb

28 minutes ago, inkman said:

Why not sit him last game and this game?  If rest is really the crux of the matter. Give him a solid week off.   THAT would have made sense.   This just feels like fly by night seat of my pants management.  I understand easing him into the schedule and letting him get his legs under him but does this look any thing like that?  

Maybe he wanted him to have a good game before sitting so he didn’t end up mulling during his time off.  It’s not like this wasn’t the plan all along. 

I’ll be glad to see Mittelstadt play too. Hopefully some of these guys can force us into hard decisions. 

31 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Given my track record this year and last, Casey will get a hat trick and everyone will be telling me how wrong I was!

And I would be happy.

I think you're wrong anyway.  😁  I'd love to see Casey have a hat trick, but I'll settle for a pt (goal or asst) and looking like he belongs.  If he scores a hat trick people will here will be wondering why he didn't start the season in the top 6.

So, Ullmark gets the W in his 100th & Mittelstadt pots the winner with Okposo finally taking his locked in place on Eakin's shoulder.

Will be a good start to the day.  😉

And the plan is to watch the pregame as soon as the BHawks game is over & then watch the Sabres with the NFC game going on during intermission.  (Buce (?) Suter w/ a hat trick against Bernier for his 1st 3 NHL goals in his 6th NHL game.)

Too bad the Bandits weren't playing.  Would've been sweet catching Buffalo going 3-0.  😉

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Missed it by THAT much.  😉

LOL.  Brawndo is very quick.

Interesting to see Mittelstadt in the top 6.  I speculated that Asplund played over Casey because it was part of the defensive forwards, and that seems to be the case as Casey is in as an offensive forward.  I hope he has a good game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Interesting to see Mittelstadt in the top 6.  I speculated that Asplund played over Casey because it was part of the defensive forwards, and that seems to be the case as Casey is in as an offensive forward.  I hope he has a good game. 

Mrs Brawndo does not approve 😬

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

People are going to use whatever narratives they want. It's "Skinner just needs one goal and the floodgates will open" yet when I post that 1 Cozens goal could be a launch pad for him that I'd like to capitalize on immediately, it's not only no longer applicable logic, it's "complaining". 

You are an excellent poster, but this sauce is very weak indeed.  The alleged inconsistency between the Skinner and Cozens narratives doesn't exist unless you demonstrate that THE SAME POSTERS are saying one thing about Skinner and a different thing about Cozens.  This "people are saying different things" pabulum doesn't mean anything.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Absolutely Asplund was in for his defensive play.  Thompson had better hope most of the people here are right about Mittelstadt or he could go quite a few games in the pressbox / taxi squad.  If Mittts is OK, Tage will have played himself behind him and Cozens w/ only 1 spot available for them unless he's willing to sit either Lazar or Sheahan & then he's still odd man out.

5 minutes ago, jsb said:

You ask, Brawndo delivers, he's freaking awesome

He deserves his atta boy points as opposed to @Thorny, how does that guy get any 😀😀😀

Thorny is a good guy.  Especially when he's in agreement with me.

8 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I see Mitts on the second line and Skinner still on the fourth line.  Shake my head and move on with my life because that’s all I can do at this point.

Kreuger is trolling us now.

21 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

speculation

Hall Eichel Reinhart

Olofsson Staal Sheahan

Skinner Lazar Mittelstadt

Rieder Eakin Okposo

Two players I will be rooting hard for in this game is Mittelstadt and Skinner. If you watch Skinner after he misses a shot that he use to make he can see how much he is pressing. He is a traumatized player. 

I hate defend RK, but I understand why Mitts is with Staal and Skinner with Sheahan and Lazar.  It's actually pretty simple.  We have 11 goals by forward ytd and 8 5 on 5.  The line of Sheahan Lazar and Skinner have 3 of those 8 even strength goals.  Why break up something that has been somewhat effective?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.