NBCSN shutting down, NHL and other sports being moved to USA Network and Peacock

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Everyone hates NJ.  

Tony Soprano's relatives want to have a social meeting with you at one of their family owned garbage dump sites. Your scurrilous comment about the beloved home state will not go unanswered. It is suggested that you have an enjoyable meal before the gathering because it is very likely that it will be your last. ☠️

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You didn’t grow up with Sunday Gravy? No Italian grandma’s in your life?

No.  I’ve worked for Italians for the last 22 years.  Regardless, I feel like when Italians say gravy it’s like when Yankees fans tell me how many championships they won.  We get it.  Your Italian.  I married an Italian girl.  If she says the word gravy, I ask if if she wants beef or poultry gravy.  

1 minute ago, inkman said:

No.  I’ve worked for Italians for the last 22 years.  Regardless, I feel like when Italians say gravy it’s like when Yankees fans tell me how many championships they won.  We get it.  Your Italian.  I married an Italian girl.  If she says the word gravy, I ask if if she wants beef or poultry gravy.  

Actually I’m not Italian but so many friends growing up were Greek and Italian and I was fortunate to enjoy some great Sunday dinners.  

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Everyone hates NJ.  

WIFE: I think I can get us outta New Jersey.

MILES: Yeah? Well, don't be so sure. Others have tried and failed. The entire population, in fact.

Edited by miles

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

So, is USA going back to its mid-80's roots of showing sporting events regularly or is NBC just cutting down on live sports on its cable/ satellite programming to push viewers to the the Peacock service?

It's all designed to drive people to Peacock.  USA is just the least failing NBC station so they'll use it as bait. I think i said it in the streaming Sabres thread. This year is the year that everyone gets punted to streaming services. Those who produce the content want to control the delivery, gather the ad revenue, the analytics, and certainly get paid for it. No more contracts to discuss on carriage rights.

Give the success the NHL is having this season with announcers calling games while not in the building I would HIGHLY suspect that the NHL pulls back its streaming rights and begins to hire local camera operators and some local personnel in rinks and then uses remote announcers to call the games.  Hell, they could go to an all remote camera operations crew if they wanted to.  The technology is there.

Then they control their whole product.

• Like (+1) 2

Honest question. Is Pegula still into this team? Maybe he's more into The Bills and the money the NFL has. Maybe he just was lucky and fell into the Bills brass/coaching because frankly I've almost totally soured on him as owner of the Sabres. He seems clueless.

36 minutes ago, Radar said:

Honest question. Is Pegula still into this team? Maybe he's more into The Bills and the money the NFL has. Maybe he just was lucky and fell into the Bills brass/coaching because frankly I've almost totally soured on him as owner of the Sabres. He seems clueless.

He absolutely got lucky with the Bills.  If they had ended up with Rosen or Darnold instead of Allen, they would still be a middle of the pack 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 team. 

Then he believed that because of McD that he needed a leader of men for the HC of the Sabres...another fail. Then he hired Kevy.  

Kim and Terry are as clueless as ever, they just got lucky and somehow now believe they have the answers to fix the Sabres.  I’m waiting. 

Edited by LabattBlue

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.